Author Topic: stand your ground or is it neighborhood watch death squad?  (Read 96253 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: stand your ground or is it neighborhood watch death squad?
« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2012, 08:37:04 PM »
why imagine?  the scene as presented by zimmerman qualifies. he didn't attack. trayvon confronted him after feeling dissed and punched him out. that IS  what a "made nigga" would do.  nothing zimmerman's said has been contradicted by evidence or witness's. unless you count that twit crutcher
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
why imagine?  the scene as presented by zimmerman qualifies. he didn't attack. trayvon confronted him after feeling dissed and punched him out. that IS  what a "made nigga" would do.  nothing zimmerman's said has been contradicted by evidence or witness's. unless you count that twit crutcher

Yeah, that's a homicide with no defence - trayvon had a right to defend himself from an oddly behaving stranger who chased him.  You can't scare people into hitting you and then shoot them.  That's the law in every state.

What Zimmerman said made out the crime - that's what I'm saying.  You'd have to find highly improbable hidden evidence to undo it.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

• friends
« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »
he was walking to his car when your boy jumped him.  its hard to imagine i'm talking to a lawyer. or even harder to someone who lived where you have
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2012, 09:00:55 PM »
he was walking to his car when your boy jumped him.  its hard to imagine i'm talking to a lawyer. or even harder to someone who lived where you have

No, he says he was walking to his car from someone else's back yard  after he proved on tape he was chasing the kid, who ran away from him.

Your problem is that you're ignoring the relevant facts - that trayvon hit him isn't what makes a defence claim.  The whole chasing and "he's getting away!" incident before that made trayvon in the right to defend himself. 

Ask your own lawyer about this one - the VA law won't be much different.  See if you can get him to tell you that you would be safe if, after chasing someone who committed no crime, you shot him when that same guy turned and punched you.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

• friends
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »
what kinda law you actually practice?

if i was chasing someone i might be in dutch.  walking back to my car?  hes meat

are you really that "less aware" as to the culture amongst "urban youth?  or being disingenuous? or just plain deceitful?  asks the man with a black son and 3 black grand kids

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2012, 09:08:57 PM »
From this article, comes this little nugget....

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/26/10868250-police-report-details-alleged-attack-on-zimmerman

WHAT THE [CENSORED]????   Umm, excuse me Ms. Corey, that's the standard for ANY criminal case.  Or are juries in FL instructed to convict just on "a preponderance of the evidence" or "if they feel like it" or "if the defendant *looks* guilty?" 

What!? You mean that civil cases require a lower standard of proof than a criminal case!?

No *expletive deleted*it, Sherlock. If she is that stupid (she is), it sounds like she has already begun her CYA for not getting a True Bill against Zimmerman.

I vote that she becomes the patsy if there is a No Bill.
She can deal with the fallout with her well practiced legal bob & weave.
Me thinks that she does not like her job very well right now!  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2012, 09:12:20 PM »
what kinda law you actually practice?

if i was chasing someone i might be in dutch.  walking back to my car?  hes meat

are you really that "less aware" as to the culture amongst "urban youth?  or being disingenuous? or just plain deceitful?  asks the man with a black son and 3 black grand kids

It's that new law - you kind of make it up as you go.
You can actually get your degree online in 6 weeks, and then pass their Bar-None! =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2012, 09:19:18 PM »
Meanwhile....does anyone know if there's a bounty on NBP members?....I need some extra cash.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2012, 09:45:20 PM »
Meanwhile....does anyone know if there's a bounty on NBP members?....I need some extra cash.....

No, but I am aware of a bounty on Super Smartazzes.

I am waiting on an expected payment shortly.

Hey! Answer your doorbell - it's for you!!  >:D

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2012, 09:48:40 PM »
No, but I am aware of a bounty on Super Smartazzes.

I am waiting on an expected payment shortly.

Hey! Answer your doorbell - it's for you!!  >:D

Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?.....I just like the way it sounds....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »
No, he says he was walking to his car from someone else's back yard  after he proved on tape he was chasing the kid, who ran away from him.

Your problem is that you're ignoring the relevant facts - that trayvon hit him isn't what makes a defence claim.  The whole chasing and "he's getting away!" incident before that made trayvon in the right to defend himself. 

Ask your own lawyer about this one - the VA law won't be much different.  See if you can get him to tell you that you would be safe if, after chasing someone who committed no crime, you shot him when that same guy turned and punched you.

Yep.  

Also not sure how walking to his car indicates any significant backing down or abandoning the conflict, or how doing so could have reasonably communicated that to the other party.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2012, 10:01:33 PM »
Ouch, those links sure do put a different spin on Martin, not quite the pure as driven snow 13YO-looking child in the stories & photos.  Still not enough to exonerate Zimmerman if he kept stepping on his johnson after stepping out of his auto.  

IIRC, most of Miami's riots the last 30 years have been after an hispanic LEO shot a black perpetrator.  Zimmerman being raised Jewish and with latin heritage won't stop the dumbazz rioting.

Still not enough data has been released to be sure, either way...though the trickle of data since the initial uproar has tended to favor Zimmerman.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2012, 10:03:22 PM »
define chase?  then define follow?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2012, 10:19:51 PM »
Also not sure how walking to his car indicates any significant backing down or abandoning the conflict, or how doing so could have reasonably communicated that to the other party.

Really?  That is kind of universal for, "I'm taking my marbles and going home."  No need to break out a semaphore or bullhorn.

Leastways, that how it was when I was but a callow youth being chased by my betters after doing something I ought not to have.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2012, 10:24:39 PM »
Really?  That is kind of universal for, "I'm taking my marbles and going home."  No need to break out a semaphore or bullhorn.

Leastways, that how it was when I was but a callow youth being chased by my betters after doing something I ought not to have.

Except that it appears he may have been obviously followed Martin in his car earlier.  If he used his car to stalk Martin, then got out and looked around on foot, then for some reason felt threatened, it would be quite reasonable to return to his car to continue his pursuit.

I don't think that walking back to a vehicle already used to follow a person earlier in the same incident necessarily indicates that the incident is at an end.  It merely indicates another twist to the incident. 

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2012, 10:39:57 PM »
he was walking to his car when your boy jumped him. 

This version of events doesn't have much more veracity than any other claim out there. 

Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »
This version of events doesn't have much more veracity than any other claim out there.  

Indeed.

Further, while some posters may have their perceptions colored by personal associations, I think those perceptions are marginal at best.

Ftr, I have passed by thousands or more young black men in hoodies, many of them a lot bigger than me, frequently at night, all too often in bad weather.  Not one has ever behaved violently towards me.  Obviously some young black guys in hoodies are criminals.  But my personal experience is about 10,000:0 against any random black kid in a hoodie behaving violently towards me.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #242 on: March 26, 2012, 10:49:54 PM »

Except this version of events isn't wild speculation, it's reportedly the version given by Zimmerman. Do you have evidence to contradict his claim?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #243 on: March 26, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »
define chase?  then define follow?

Like I said, give these same facts to a VA attorney and see what he tells you.  Let us know if you find one who says he'd bet on an acquittal.

The items released so far have done zero to reduce zimmermans odds of conviction.  Whether trayvon behaved in school or smoked weed doesn't have anything to do with why Zimmerman shot him.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #244 on: March 26, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »
Except this version of events isn't wild speculation, it's reportedly the version given by Zimmerman. Do you have evidence to contradict his claim?

Yeah, there's a tape recording online where Zimmerman tells us in real time what he's doing.  I'd say that carries a fair bit of weight.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #245 on: March 26, 2012, 11:05:11 PM »

I never said I did.  Of course, that is what someone might likely claim if they were trying to stay out of trouble for making a horrible mistake.  

However, Zimmerman will need to come up with pretty clear justification of his use of deadly force, as it appears that he will choose to mount an affirmative defense to any charges filed against him.  

As Alluded to by BR, there is a lot of confirmation bias going regarding this case.  

I agree with Mas on this one.  There just isn't enough info to definitively indicate criminal culpability by either party.  

At this point, I would only convict Zimmerman on multiple counts of felonious stupidity.  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:10:04 PM by red headed stranger »
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #246 on: March 26, 2012, 11:52:56 PM »
My nickle bet is Zimmerman doesn't get convicted for the shooting, makes a mint off his book.
Al Charlatan will continue to protest.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2012, 12:21:20 AM »
My nickle bet is Zimmerman doesn't get convicted for the shooting, makes a mint off his book.
Al Charlatan will continue to protest.

Guilty or innocent he may not be convicted locally but I doubt that will stop the DOJ from charging him and getting a conviction.  About the only thing that will stop that is a new administration ... even that may not clear Zimmerman since this has become so politicized.  I'd like to know how scary this kid looked if the only photos we get to see that we're sure are him are from 4-5 yrs ago.  The photos are disingenuous and generally people don't disingenerate w/o reason ... 
[popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2012, 03:01:03 AM »

Looks like our little sweetie's pictures are becoming less dated......

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2012, 04:08:37 AM »
It wouldn't matter at this point if proof positive came to light that Treyvon was pointing an RPG at Zimmerman. He's going to be sent up for hard time. Not that he'll actually serve it unless they put him in solitary though.  He has been convicted in the court of public opinion, game over.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams