Author Topic: A good start; Stupac calls it quits.  (Read 3242 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
A good start; Stupac calls it quits.
« on: April 09, 2010, 10:06:37 AM »
Fox is reporting that Stupac is calling it quits. It's a good start.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

SADShooter

• friend
Re: A good start; Stupac calls it quits.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 10:22:31 AM »
Now his hair can go on tour and collect speaking fees full-time...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:31:53 AM »
Here in WI, we saw three Democrat legislators potentially fall on their swords for their governor during the push to pass our CCW bill. There was some pretty educated guessing as to what the governor had offered should they not be re-elected.

Having seen that, I just have to wonder what Pelosi or Obama offered guys like Stupac. Voters can be dumb, but not so dumb as to buy Stupac's line this time.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »
A start?  He's not the first anti-American politician to call it quits recently. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 06:23:14 PM »
Buh bye.

Can you imagine being in Stupac's position?  He has most of the country pissed at him for passing the health care bill.  He has Barry and Nancy and Harry pissed at him for holding up the bill.  And he has all of the fringe kook leftists pissed at him for threatening the bill over something as trivial and stupid as innocent babies' lives.  Those kook leftists in particular have been harassing him relentlessly, day and night.

Stupac was hosed no matter what he did, no matter who he turned to.  Only option left for him was to disappear.

Let's hope he isn't going to disappear into some cushy appointed government job.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »
Let's hope he isn't going to disappear into some cushy appointed government job.

That's what I'm thinking the deal was.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 07:45:06 PM »
If the GOP has any intestinal fortitude at all - particularly those in the Senate - they will stop (by filibuster, if need be) the appointment of ANY democrat former member of Congress to ANY Federal position that requires Senate confirmation.

I know it's expecting too much from The Stupid PartyTM, but . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 08:05:07 PM »
If Barry and the gang have any strategic political smarts at all, they'd choose a position that doesn't require Senate confirmation.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 08:32:15 PM »
If Barry and the gang have any strategic political smarts at all, they'd choose a position that doesn't require Senate confirmation.
He wouldn't be Stevens' replacement, would he?  :O

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »
He wouldn't be Stevens' replacement, would he?  :O

No, there's already a short list.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.