Author Topic: CNN hack embarasses herself in pathetic attack on Brit politician  (Read 1219 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
http://heatst.com/uk/british-mep-daniel-hannan-spent-nine-minutes-smacking-down-cnn-journalist/

That's painful to watch even by the incredibly low standards of teevee "news."
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: CNN hack embarasses herself in pathetic attack on Brit politician
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 04:11:37 AM »
*expletive deleted*it like that makes me almost want to rethink k the whole "never hit a woman" thing.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 07:05:42 AM »
Cnn is not a news network, it's a propaganda network.

I was fully hoping for a group of football hooligans to interrupt that interview and beat that 'C U Next Tuesday' with cricket bats.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 07:41:06 AM »
^ Stay classy, you two.

An impressive job by Mr. Hannan.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:13:00 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 09:16:56 AM »
Rosie O'Donnell with a British accent.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 09:26:50 AM »

Hyperbole aside, she's clearly dropped any pretense of objectivity and is attacking Mr. Hannan.

A journalist should ask probing questions and allow the interviewee to respond. Push back if they think the interviewee is avoiding the question, but her reaction to being called out on wrong information is to ignore it.

SHE becomes the one avoiding the truth in the interview. It's a revealing case of the mask not just slipping, but being fully ripped off.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 09:33:20 AM »
It's a revealing case of the mask not just slipping, but being fully ripped off.

Ripped it off, chewed it up, and spit it in Hannan's face.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 10:07:51 AM »
Hyperbole aside, she's clearly dropped any pretense of objectivity and is attacking Mr. Hannan.

A journalist should ask probing questions and allow the interviewee to respond. Push back if they think the interviewee is avoiding the question, but her reaction to being called out on wrong information is to ignore it.

SHE becomes the one avoiding the truth in the interview. It's a revealing case of the mask not just slipping, but being fully ripped off.

I believe that, in large part, journalism is dead in terms of investigating something for purposes of finding the truth.  Instead, what you have are TV reporters whose goal is to achieve stardom, by means of obtaining the best possible ratings or generating the greatest social media traffic.  The major news outlets have by and large transformed from news reporting and investigative resources to tools of their owners to advance whatever positions that owner holds on the issues of the day.  The same is true to a degree of the online bloggers and quasi-news sources.

Everyone has an angle, and shapes their reporting based on that angle.  Here, she tried to advance her angle, got slapped down.  But, at the same time, she's getting a lot of attention.  And, I'm sure to those who share her point of view on Brexit, she's probably a hero fighting to expose the truth that Brexit=racism.  So, she accomplished her goal, though not likely in the way she planned.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 10:17:52 AM »
American politicians could take lessons from Mr. Hannan.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 10:18:30 AM »
Christiane Amanpour has never been a journalist.

She has always been a left wing operative with Muslim sympathies.

She is married to one of Bill Clintons cabinet members.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 10:58:40 AM »
Everyone has an angle, and shapes their reporting based on that angle.  Here, she tried to advance her angle, got slapped down.  But, at the same time, she's getting a lot of attention.  And, I'm sure to those who share her point of view on Brexit, she's probably a hero fighting to expose the truth that Brexit=racism.  So, she accomplished her goal, though not likely in the way she planned.

Which is particularly hilarious because when he called her out on calling everyone for Brexit "racist", she tries to make him prove when she ever said the word "racist", because only if she uttered the actual word was she calling people racist, of course.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
Hum... Given that her father was an Iranian Muslim, maybe she needs to take responsibility for the actions of radical Islamic terrorists?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 11:55:53 PM »
I believe that, in large part, journalism is dead in terms of investigating something for purposes of finding the truth.  Instead, what you have are TV reporters whose goal is to achieve stardom, by means of obtaining the best possible ratings or generating the greatest social media traffic.  The major news outlets have by and large transformed from news reporting and investigative resources to tools of their owners to advance whatever positions that owner holds on the issues of the day.  The same is true to a degree of the online bloggers and quasi-news sources.

I agree with this, except for the implicit notion that it was ever any different. From Hurst bragging that he could start wars if he wanted, through the Watergate coverage which was a politically motivated witch hunt over ethical violations that pale in comparison to things people do every day now it's always been this way.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2016, 08:35:13 PM »

Quote from: 230RN on July 01, 2016, 07:16:56 AM

You realize I was referring to the infamous Rosie O'Donnell interview with NRA Director Tom Selleck, don't you?  Nothing hyperbolic about my remark.

And the operative word there is "should."  I agree, but journalists and interviewers nowadays have axes to grind besides obtaining the interviewees' viewpoints.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.