Author Topic: wonder what's going on  (Read 1486 times)

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
wonder what's going on
« on: April 27, 2008, 07:10:35 AM »
My SIL called my wife to say some kind of police action is going on near where she lives (Grayslake, IL). Her daughter went outside her apartment to dump some garbage in the dumpster and found a guy in camouflage uniform "with a big gun" hiding behind it. Police are disrupting traffic and causing general inconvenience to the public. They are currently refusing to say what they are up to.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: wonder what's going on
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:40:48 AM »
I don't blame the police. I've seen too many cases where the local nooz will send out a helicopter, point the camera at the SWAT officers sneaking around, and also narrate where they appear to be going, as if the person they're trying to sneak up on doesn't have access to a TV.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 07:49:55 AM »
I guess what happened was some kind of minor domestic dispute, Local cops who responded panicked when no one answered the door and regional swat team was called out.

Apparently the situation has now been over for several hours and the two individuals in the apartment are at the local PD. No idea why the cops are still hanging around. Guess they have nothing better to do.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 07:51:38 AM »
Ah. Chance to bring out the tactical ninja stuff and play. I have no problem when SWAT use is actually warranted, but it seems to be used for things where it's really not. Whatever happened to blue lights and a bullhorn?

At least they didn't have a standoff with an empty house for a whole day, or shoot it up. That's happened.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:07:25 AM »
After such a colossal waste of resources, I wonder what the official story will end up being?
bob

doc2rn

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
Young man just about to turn his life around got caught with someone/ something he shouldnt have.