Author Topic: James Taylor final concert tour  (Read 528 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
James Taylor final concert tour
« on: February 25, 2019, 09:27:58 AM »
Saw James Taylor with Bonnie Raitt Saturday in moline. One of the best concerts I've seen in 45 years of concert going. He has announced that this is his final tour. If you get a chance to see him, it's worth it. Glad we popped for the better seats. the show was great from start to finish.
I like Bonnie Raitt anyway and after JT introduced her she played a solid hour and brought him on for her last 2 numbers. He's most known for his folk ballads but he can really rock it and go blues if he wants to. After the stage change he played a full 2 hours and Bonnie came back on to join him at the end for a couple.
She is 69 and he is almost 71 years old but both still strong performers. They have evidently been good friends for years. Their back up band members and vocalists were all excellent also. I think at one point there were 12 on stage including Bonnie and JT.
I think this concert and the time I saw Eric Clapton with Billy Preston (Wurlitzer organ phenom) are tied for best stage shows I've seen. Regret never seeing Rolling Stones live. Saw a lot of others over the years though.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: James Taylor final concert tour
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 10:10:25 AM »
Saw James Taylor about 20 years ago at an outdoor concert venue which no longer exists.  At the time, as a result of a noise complaint from people who built expensive homes near the venue, the venue was supposed to shut down at 10:30 p.m.  James Taylor kept right on playing for another half hour, and rumor was that he paid the $5K fine himself for violating the restriction.  It was a great show.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 10:41:32 AM »
I know they almost always come back for encore but he kept coming back for several "last" numbers. We put our coats on and off 3 times to leave.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 11:06:22 PM »
But what if we need him to bring peace and healing to a world devoid of hope?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/01/16/awkward_john_kerry_brings_james_taylor_to_paris_sings_youve_got_a_friend/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife