Author Topic: General Motors and Segway advance green utopia  (Read 6402 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: General Motors and Segway advance green utopia
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 08:14:25 PM »

Daddy want.

drool

Makes my truck look like a piece of crap!

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 08:46:43 AM »
Hank, there are two GM vehicles in my driveway, and another in my garage.

How big a paint brush do you really intend to use in your analogy?   :|

(IOW, people aren't buying new cars, period, whether they're GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc)
Maybe you missed this part of my post:
. . . OK, OK, yes, people do buy GM cars and trucks - but not enough to make the company viable.
So you and your vehicles were included here. But unless you're going to buy a couple million more, GM is in for a very rough time.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 10:58:21 AM »
I'd buy a Segway if... Is there anyway to adapt a Rotax to that thing?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 05:41:23 PM »
make it into an Autogyro!
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 07:06:02 PM »
So you and your vehicles were included here. But unless you're going to buy a couple million more, GM is in for a very rough time.

And my point (again) is that it ain't just GM.

Ford at least got a clue when they flew their corporate jets to D.C. late last year and got the cold reception, so they haven't come back begging for money.  Doesn't mean they're not hurting, though - just that they're going to go a different route than GM and Chrysler.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 07:57:34 PM »

How much does all the crap hanging off it add to the price? 

My '03 GMC Sierra is still running just fine with no problems at all.  I am planning to drive it into the ground.  I don't want another truck payment. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »
And my point (again) is that it ain't just GM.

Ford at least got a clue when they flew their corporate jets to D.C. late last year and got the cold reception, so they haven't come back begging for money.  Doesn't mean they're not hurting, though - just that they're going to go a different route than GM and Chrysler.
It is just GM.  Well, it's GM and Chrysler, but Chrysler doesn't count for anything anymore.

Ford's sales are down as much as the other two, yet they'll survive on their own.  Ford saw these problems coming years ago and started preparing for them, started addressing their problems and strengthening themselves for this sort of downturn.

Toyota and Honda sales are way down too, very nearly as much as the American automakers.  And yet they aren't on the brink of bankruptcy.  I haven't heard of anyone talking about the imminent failure of a Japanese carmaker.  Same for the Euro car companies.

So yeah, it is just GM (and Chrysler).  GM and Chrysler are taking government money because they need it.  Ford isn,t taking government money because they don't need it.