Author Topic: Obama bows before Saudi King?  (Read 9077 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Obama bows before Saudi King?
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 07:39:40 PM »
If you have proof, or anything other than your gut feeling saying that the queen didn't ask for an iPod I'd love to see it. If you come up with anything - feel free to post it in the other thread. =)

I'm sure heads of state ask visitors for specific gifts.  Absolutely.  :rolleyes:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 09:28:28 PM »
Obama bowed.  He is a lightweight that is probably going to do his best to ruin this country.  Obama still hasn't figured out that he really is the president of the USA and is not campaigning.  He probably looks into the mirror every morning and says "Good Morning, Mr. President!"
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 10:17:05 PM »
When Bush bumbled, wall street tumbled.

When Obama bowed, no banks were soured.

Edit:  This picture and debate just screamed the "when clinton lied!" chants to me.  :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:23:17 PM by shootinstudent »
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 11:48:16 PM »

Edit:  This picture and debate just screamed the "when clinton lied!" chants to me.  :)

Yeah, it is a tempest in a teapot, but I think you can understand that small-"r" republicans have a visceral disgust with that sort of behavior.  To have our leader exhibit such is doubly distasteful.  Heck, we fought a war and killed a whole lot of folks, in part, to lose that bit of cultural baggage.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2009, 12:48:30 AM »

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2009, 01:35:48 AM »

Thank you for proving you're a drone.

Huh... http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid={74DABC67-B059-465E-AF68-6DB22EB961CD}

From 2003.
Due to the enormous size of the mortgage-backed securities market, any problems at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would have a ripple effect, Mankiw said.
"This risk is a systemic issue also because the debt obligations of the housing GSEs are widely held by other financial institutions," he said.

Yeah... It's definitely Bush's fault for not getting this fixed back in 2003 when his administration was warning about it and the democrats called him a fear-monger then.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 01:50:33 AM »
Funny thing came to light.  Obama allegedly took the Secret Service code name of Renegade.

renegade

1 : a deserter from one faith, cause, or allegiance to another

2 : an individual who rejects lawful or conventional behavior

Well at least he picked an apt one.  And it may explain the bow, the appeasement, the weakness to act, and everything we're seeing.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2009, 03:09:20 AM »
Thank you for proving you're a drone.

Huh... http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid={74DABC67-B059-465E-AF68-6DB22EB961CD}

From 2003.
Yeah... It's definitely Bush's fault for not getting this fixed back in 2003 when his administration was warning about it and the democrats called him a fear-monger then.

See, you were supposed to laugh at the rhyme that mocked the anti-war protesters. 

Instead, you made me laugh by seriously claiming that Bush was out there trying to warn us all about the coming financial crisis, only to be monkey-wrenched by the uncooperative (as in they voted for every bill he ever proposed uncooperative) democrats!

HA!
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2009, 03:53:12 AM »

See, you were supposed to laugh at the rhyme that mocked the anti-war protesters. 

Instead, you made me laugh by seriously claiming that Bush was out there trying to warn us all about the coming financial crisis, only to be monkey-wrenched by the uncooperative (as in they voted for every bill he ever proposed uncooperative) democrats!

HA!

As always, we see people who want to blame the POTUS for bad things.  To the best of my knowledge, it takes 470+ Congresscritters to do that.  The POTUS can either support the bill - or - veto it.  How that process places the blame solely on the Pres is beyond me.  Since both chambers in 2003 were majority Rep, you'd think the argument being offered here just helps your cause which is to blame the Reps.

Then if you actually engage in research, you find the reason Fannie Mae was in trouble was the end result of an act passed under Carter's presidency (with the help of a majority Dem Congress).  That act was then expanded by Clinton (with the help of a majority Dem Congress if I recall).

But if you wish to take the lazy man route and attempting to place the government's misdeeds on only the POTUS, you should name the one(s) who caused the problem.

Your rhyme was kind of funny, I like the new version- "The Democrats lied- Wall Street died."  Try it out a few times.  You'll find it rolls off the tongue nicely.  And it's truthful.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2009, 04:19:34 AM »
Yeah, if only Bush had been able to convince the Democrats to go along with all his plans, he would have undone this financial crisis at root and saved America. 

First of all here, the point of the rhyme was to illustrate how silly this "controversy" is.  It's the kind of thing that cause-heads make up chants about, like, eg, the way they did about Clinton's lying. 

It's astounding that in response, I'm seeing arguments to the effect that Bush was trying his darndest to stop the financial meltdown, only to be foiled by those same Democrats who gave him nearly every single major piece of legislation he asked for!

• friend
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2009, 05:43:16 AM »
Trust me- I don't think Bush did everything right.  I'd never say that.  He engaged in his share of follies and promoted some bad laws and got Congress to pass them.  But if we're blaming someone, let's at least blame the right people.

And we've strayed off subject- back to the curtsy ... I mean bow.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2009, 08:49:43 AM »
Yeah, if only Bush had been able to convince the Democrats to go along with all his plans, he would have undone this financial crisis at root and saved America. 

First of all here, the point of the rhyme was to illustrate how silly this "controversy" is.  It's the kind of thing that cause-heads make up chants about, like, eg, the way they did about Clinton's lying. 

It's astounding that in response, I'm seeing arguments to the effect that Bush was trying his darndest to stop the financial meltdown, only to be foiled by those same Democrats who gave him nearly every single major piece of legislation he asked for!

Wow, I give you a quote that specifically predicts "a systemic issue also because the debt obligations of the housing GSEs are widely held by other financial institutions" and you laugh it off.

I'm not claiming Bush was prescient. I am claiming his administration made efforts to fix it and were foiled by the democrats.

However, my point is, Obama supporters will believe what you they want to believe.

This bow is an example that we have a bumbling fool in the white house whose immediate reaction when discovered is to lie.

Of course, a person's veracity is never of any importance, why should we even care?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2009, 11:45:05 AM »
I don't think defending Bush gets us anywhere at this point.  He helped set the stage, sure enough. He is complicit in what's happened to America, just as Clinton was and just as his father was (I'll leave Reagan alone for right now).  The social, political, economic, and cultural trends are clear enough when we stand back and soberly analyze them.  Obama was inevitable, and with the current momentum, there will be more Obamas ahead, especially if he is able to push through such things as card check, a form of the "Fairness Doctrine," more stringent gun control, cap and trade, and, of course, an illegal alien amnesty. 

And where are the Republicans?  Just content to watch the trainwreck?  They fretting, not fuming, and the country is rapidly going to hell, probably irreparably.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2009, 01:05:09 PM »
What are present day Republican politicians?  Nothing but Democrat politicians with more expensive suits.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2009, 02:21:45 PM »
This was neither bow nor curtsie. He genuflected.
This from dictionary.com:
gen⋅u⋅flect   /ˈdʒɛnyʊˌflɛkt/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [jen-yoo-flekt]  Show IPA
–verb (used without object) 1. to bend the knee or touch one knee to the floor in reverence or worship.
2. to express a servile attitude.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1620–30; < ML genūflectere to bend the knee, equiv. to L genū-, s. of genu knee + flectere to bend

I watched the link several times as it didn't look to be a normal bow. Raised catholic, I've seen & done this many times. Haven't been to a church in over 40 years but some things cannot be forgotten.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »
This was neither bow nor curtsie. He genuflected.

That just put everything in an even more disturbing light.  =|

ETA: This bowing/scraping/genuflecting makes me miss the days when our presidents simply vomited on people.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:57:07 PM by LadySmith »
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2009, 09:01:24 PM »
NO!

He actually danced a Mazurka then burst into a rousing rendition of "You are my Sunshine!"

Then he cooked the guy a BIG dish of rice and beans and gently rubbed his brow until he fell asleep.

This was pretty goddamned pointless in the beginning and it's only gotten a LOT more so.

Did any of you ever think that Obama might have STUMBLED or lost his balance?

No, no, that doesn't sound nearly as NEFARIOUS and it detracts from the rumor that Obama invited the King to establish THE NEW CALIPHATE IN WASHINGTON!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

RUN IN CIRCLES! SCREAM AND SHOUT!

People, it's spring. Get outside and get some sun. Your brains are getting moldy and it's REALLY affecting your judgemenet.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.