Author Topic: Ohio considers egregious violation of parental rights  (Read 1161 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Ohio considers egregious violation of parental rights
« on: December 19, 2013, 11:40:49 AM »
http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2013/12/18/ohio-lawmakers-want-social-workers-to-have-veto-power-over-decision-to-homeschool/

Homeschool rights are up there with firearm rights in terms of "reasons I would emigrate." This is absolutely insane. CPS ignores multiple reports of abuse, kid dies. Rather than enforcing existing laws, lets add a new one that tramples the rights of the innocents. Sounds familiar eh?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Ohio considers egregious violation of parental rights
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 12:46:22 PM »
stripping parents of their constitutionally guaranteed right

That is their ultimate goal, as with everything else.

Relatives and neighbors say they reported the abuse to the children services board (CSB) on repeated occasion but were rebuffed. Widdersheim’s sister was one of them. “We called, multiple times we did,” she said, sobbing. “They wouldn’t do anything. They told us we were lying.”

So, the cure for a lame *expletive deleted*ss govt agency not doing their job is to place more restrictions on private citizens taking over for another lame *expletive deleted*ss govt agency (public screwls) not doing their job?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:08:56 PM »
“We called, multiple times we did,” she said, sobbing. “They wouldn’t do anything. They told us we were lying.”

Sometimes people are crazy and making things up  :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:51:42 PM »
And sometimes the agencies charged with investigating reports of child abuse ignore the reports, or conduct perfunctory "investigations," or simply go out for coffee and fabricate their "reports" out of thin air.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 02:17:04 AM »
Sometimes people are crazyevil and making things up  :mad:

We never had any first hand experiences with CPS/DHS with our kids but we saw enough with some of our relations to convince me that at least in Oklahoma DHS (dept, of Hman Services) is staffed with some of the most corrupt, incompetent and purely evil I have ever had the misfortune to know.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:35:35 AM »
Mostly issues with stupid ones here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 08:59:10 AM »
Looks like this bill was DOA, and the State Senator saw the writing on the wall...

http://www.wkbn.com/news/local/cafaro-withdrawing-teddys-law

This isn't the first time some Ohio state senator or rep has introduced what can only be described as moronic legislation that would give social workers more and more power, in some cases even more authority than the courts.  I can't recall the bill number, but there was a bill introduced that would allow a social worker to do an emergency removal of a child from parental custody for up to five days without need for a court order or hearing.  Ohio law now requires a court order prior to removal, and there must be a hearing within 72 hours.  No offense to the good social workers, but I've seen plenty of bad ones in the last 19 years that make me darn nervous about that kind of authority...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark