Author Topic: Political candidate? In need of supporters at a rally? Rent A Crowd.  (Read 1375 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
I'm sure Washington used a service like this. It's nothing new.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Ned Hamford

• friend
Beats working as a telemarketer. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I'm sure Washington used a service like this. It's nothing new.

I'm sorry if I'm stuck in literal mode right now, but you realize Washington didn't need crowds? At all? He was George Washington. Besides, no cameras back then.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
Washington got his crowds by giving away free liquor!    =D :old:

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
So did D. Boone and D. Crockett and A. Lincoln and both Daleys and ....

Ug might have been the last politician who did not offer to exchange fermented product for votes.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

SADShooter

• friend
So did D. Boone and D. Crockett and A. Lincoln and both Daleys and ....

Ug might have been the last politician who did not offer to exchange fermented product for votes.

stay safe.

But I suspect fire-hardened sticks, flint tools, Oompa Loompa hookers or such may have been on offer, courtesy of Og the campaign manager..
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
But I suspect fire-hardened sticks, flint tools, Oompa Loompa hookers or such may have been on offer, courtesy of Og the campaign manager..

That was Ooga, the second politician.  Ug ran a clean campaign - ask Terry, he was there.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
C) Gives a sense of legitimacy for the candidate among their existing supporters. When they see lots of enthusiastic folks at rallies, they feel like they’re backing the right horse.

I'm sensing a bit of a disconnect here ... what a weekly newspaper column a long time ago used to call "unclear on the concept."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design