Author Topic: My Original Trilogy Is Now Available For The Kindle  (Read 4812 times)

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
My Original Trilogy Is Now Available For The Kindle
« on: October 23, 2013, 01:06:36 AM »
I am proud to announce that the Reckless Faith Trilogy is now available for the Kindle. First time readers will be able to buy all three books (in excess of 1200 pages) for only $3.99, and returning readers will find a streamlined and enhanced story arc.

If you've read all three books, please post a review of your experiences with the trilogy on Amazon. Reviews are always appreciated!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G3NV0HK
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

freakazoid

• friend
Re: My Original Trilogy Is Now Available For The Kindle
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 02:17:09 AM »
Picked it up, don't spend it all in one place =D. Will give it a read at some point.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 02:20:24 AM »
Thank you!  Let me know if you find any formatting errors, annotating Kindle files is very easy.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »
Between freak and I, you now can buy lunch! (maybe  ;) )

Added it to the backlog to read.
Andy

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 08:47:22 AM »
Between freak and I, you now can buy lunch! (maybe  ;) )

Added it to the backlog to read.

I just purchased it as well, so he can definitely buy lunch now.  Funny story, my mom purchased the second book (paperback) for Christmas last year.  She picked it off my Amazon wishlist, I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was the middle book of a trilogy.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »
Go get dessert on me.

It better be good, or I'm gonna stuff the electrons back through the eather.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 10:02:33 AM »
I am proud to announce that the Reckless Faith Trilogy is now available for the Kindle. First time readers will be able to buy all three books (in excess of 1200 pages) for only $3.99, and returning readers will find a streamlined and enhanced story arc.

If you've read all three books, please post a review of your experiences with the trilogy on Amazon. Reviews are always appreciated!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G3NV0HK

First book was a bit slow to start, but very much picked up speed. Really got into it by the end.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 10:26:02 AM »
I have all three in tree version, but just bought this. Outrageously low price to have them all in the Kindle!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 10:28:19 AM »
Cash on the barrel here as well.  Re-reading EFAD series first, but then I'll get to this.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 12:26:21 PM »
Thank you, everyone!

It is worth mentioning that the first book has been significantly edited from its original published form.  Rev's criticisms were apt and common, so I took a hard look at it and made several changes.  Overall, 10% of the content was cut and several other smaller aspects were changed.  Everything from deleted scenes to tweaked dialogue came into play.  Hopefully the new version will be more streamlined, with a faster pace.  If you've read it before, chances are you won't even notice the changes.

I just purchased it as well, so he can definitely buy lunch now.  Funny story, my mom purchased the second book (paperback) for Christmas last year.  She picked it off my Amazon wishlist, I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was the middle book of a trilogy.

That's funny.  I wrote the first couple of chapters of the second book with a mind toward the possibility that someone might pick it up first (ahem, Fitz).  Sort of a "last time on Reckless Faith" worked into the narrative.  

I much prefer printed books, myself.  Nothing beats the feeling of curling up with a good book and your favorite accoutrements.  I would publish the trilogy with Infinity except that they have minimum pricing standards that would make a book of that length about the same price as purchasing them separately.  My hope is that some folks will enjoy the series on the Kindle enough to purchase physical books for their collections.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »
Just ordered a copy.  I can't honestly tell you when I'll get around to reading it.  My "read this next" pile is getting a little out of hand.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 12:59:15 PM »
Thank you, everyone!

It is worth mentioning that the first book has been significantly edited from its original published form.  Rev's criticisms were apt and common, so I took a hard look at it and made several changes.  Overall, 10% of the content was cut and several other smaller aspects were changed.  Everything from deleted scenes to tweaked dialogue came into play.  Hopefully the new version will be more streamlined, with a faster pace.  If you've read it before, chances are you won't even notice the changes.

That's funny.  I wrote the first couple of chapters of the second book with a mind toward the possibility that someone might pick it up first (ahem, Fitz).  Sort of a "last time on Reckless Faith" worked into the narrative.  

I much prefer printed books, myself.  Nothing beats the feeling of curling up with a good book and your favorite accoutrements.  I would publish the trilogy with Infinity except that they have minimum pricing standards that would make a book of that length about the same price as purchasing them separately.  My hope is that some folks will enjoy the series on the Kindle enough to purchase physical books for their collections.

Ayup. I read the second first. Didn't matter. Enjoyed it nonetheless.

Passing it around on teh bookface.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 01:17:01 PM »
Just ordered a copy.  I can't honestly tell you when I'll get around to reading it.  My "read this next" pile is getting a little out of hand.

I appreciate your business!  My pile is pretty big, too.  Right now I'm in the middle of The Flux Engine by Dan Wells, and next up is Dead Six 2 (Sword of Exodus) by Correia and Kupari.  After that is the Lights In The Deep anthology by Brad Torgersen.

Ayup. I read the second first. Didn't matter. Enjoyed it nonetheless.

Passing it around on teh bookface.

Thanks for helping to spread the word.  And thanks to Rev for the review on Amazon!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »
Thanks for helping to spread the word.  And thanks to Rev for the review on Amazon!

I feel mildly guilty, because it's on the original books, not the digitally remastered ones.    =D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 02:53:18 PM »
Bought it, it's up next after I finish the one I'm working on now.  I'll put up a review when I've read all 3

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 03:11:40 PM »
Thanks, I hope you like it!

I feel mildly guilty, because it's on the original books, not the digitally remastered ones.    =D

Your criticisms are still valid to some extent.  It's still a slow burn until the initial complication, though I did move the introduction of two characters and an important plot point to the prologue as a flash forward.  That way the reader at least gets "something weird is going on" immediately, rather than after several chapters of exposition.

If you have a chance to read the new version, you can always edit your review on Amazon to reflect any changed opinion.  However, like I said it may not be significant enough to bother.  It's still a 5-star review.  =D

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 04:09:25 PM »
Thank you to everyone who purchased a copy yesterday!  It was a very successful launch day and I'm very encouraged.

I was messing around with the settings and I think I accidentally took the book offline for a few hours today.  If you tried to order it, and the order didn't go through, please try again.  Also, please report any errors or anomalies you may find, and which device you were using.  The book looks perfect on my Kindle app for the PC but there are a few minor formatting problems on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet.  I would be curious to know if others see the same problems.

Fortunately, it is just an issue with double tab spacing on some new paragraph lines, and isn't too distracting (I hope).  It only appears about halfway through the book so I missed it on launch day.  I am not sure yet how to fix it; trial-and-error editing in this case is a tedious process:  Edit original document -> Upload to Amazon for conversion -> Download converted document to PC and Tablet -> Review document on each platform -> Upload fixed document to go live on Amazon.

It was also brought to my attention that there was a spelling error in the book description.  :facepalm:  It figures after the umpteenth time of scouring a 350,000-word document for errors that I would screw up the description.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 12:40:23 AM »
One week update: 28 copies sold, and at least 6 copies of The Fox and the Eagle sold by proxy.  As a self-published author, this is above average by far.  Thanks again!  Y'all paid my car insurance for this month!   =D

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
I got my copy. I don't even remember ordering it.

I'll give it a reread this winter when/if woek ever slows down.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 11:41:06 PM »
You're just being nice to me because your namesake survived the fourth book.  =D

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 11:10:23 PM »
So, 36 copies sold as of now, with 10 extra copies of The Fox and the Eagle sold by proxy since the promotion began.  This is really exciting.  If I continue at a pace similar to this, I could surpass all sales of all of my books to date within a few months.

I realize that is wishful thinking.  Promotions like this typically have a spike and a valley to them.  The spike is fun to watch, but the valley is inevitable.  Still, everyone here has made it the strongest surge to date, and for that I'm forever grateful.  My social networks are limited.  If you have reviews, please post them on Amazon.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:01:45 AM by Devonai »

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 11:12:52 PM »
Started reading it not that long ago, finished just a few minutes ago. Learned there was another book, The Fox and the Eagle, immediately bought it.
I really really enjoyed it and was really excited to learn that there was more. I'm going to have to order the paper versions just to have them.

Didn't notice any formatting problems, but there was a few grammar errors I noticed. Usually it was swapping an/a but there was also a few other things too. Wish I took the time to mark them down.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 11:33:09 PM »
I'm pretty much knee-deep in vodka tonics right now, but I'll try not to sploosh too much.

Thank you for your interest in my writing!  I'm glad you enjoyed the trilogy.  I hope you found that the quality of the story increased as it progressed.  I also hope that you liked the appendices and glossaries, they were fun to write too.  If you have the time and inclination, I would sincerely appreciate a review of the trilogy on Amazon.  Even a short paragraph would be helpful!

The Fox and the Eagle was a strange project.  It was a compromise, meant to allow me the inspiration to write in the Reckless Faith universe while having the flexibility to pitch it as a separate story.  While that remains true, one major publisher (Baen) has already rejected it, though for reasons not related to the prior trilogy.  Stetson and I are united in our opinion that the rejection was BS, but it's their call.  I suspect Baen has a bias toward books written in  the first person, as evidenced by the works of Larry Correia, Mike Kupari, Sarah A. Hoyt, and Brad Torgersen, so I may have to tailor my next book to those standards if I hope to publish with them.

By the way, each of the authors I mentioned are fantastic, and I offer my unequivocal endorsement of their works.  Larry and Mike in particular have gone to bat for me and I appreciate their efforts.

I hope you enjoy The Fox and the Eagle, and I'm looking forward to your feedback.  Now, where did I put that bottle of Sobieski?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 12:19:03 AM »
I also hope that you liked the appendices and glossaries, they were fun to write too.

It was an nice little add-on that I wasn't expecting.

If you have the time and inclination, I would sincerely appreciate a review of the trilogy on Amazon.  Even a short paragraph would be helpful!

I'm usually not very good at expressing my thoughts on why I like things, but I can give it my best.

By the way, each of the authors I mentioned are fantastic, and I offer my unequivocal endorsement of their works. 

I've been reading Larry Correia's MHI series, love them, and the name Mike Kupary sounds familiar but I'm not sure why. Will have to check the others out.

Are you working on another book in the series?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 12:36:28 AM »
Mike is Larry's co-author for the Dead Six series, which is absolutely worth buying.

http://devonai.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/book-review-dead-six-by-larry-correia-and-mike-kupari/

http://devonai.wordpress.com/2013/12/16/book-review-swords-of-exodus-by-larry-correia-and-mike-kupari/

Fun fact: Back in 2005, Larry and Mike and I were considering doing a three-way collaboration, but our collective interest waned while still in the incipient phase.

As far as any review goes, even a simple "thumbs-up" without much elaboration would be appreciated.  I have machinations for a fifth book, but I'm not sure another in the series would be the best expenditure of my energy.  There are some nascent scribbles posted on my blog but nothing coherent.