Author Topic: My Original Trilogy Is Now Available For The Kindle  (Read 4813 times)

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: My Original Trilogy Is Now Available For The Kindle
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2014, 09:58:10 AM »
Thank you for the encouragement!

For the record, I did not actually type "expletive deleted" in the above draft. ;)
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2014, 09:09:37 PM »
I am considering the following modifications to the story:

1. Reduce the number of new crewmembers from 7 to 4.

2. Instead of a second ship, they simply modify the Reckless Faith to accommodate the additional people and swap out the GAU 19/A turrets for M61A1 turrets (double-ended linkless feed so they can be reloaded in situ).

I might do this just because there are already a lot of characters, and when they meet up with the Fox, there will be a second ship anyway. What do y'all think?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:14:37 PM by Devonai »

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2014, 10:40:40 PM »
Get rid of that fitzer guy ... He's a jerk
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2014, 06:37:28 PM »
I know, right?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2014, 03:08:04 PM »
I am considering the following modifications to the story:

1. Reduce the number of new crewmembers from 7 to 4.

Who are you thinking about cutting (the pilot, the surgeon)?

2. Instead of a second ship, they simply modify the Reckless Faith to accommodate the additional people and swap out the GAU 19/A turrets for M61A1 turrets (double-ended linkless feed so they can be reloaded in situ).

I thinking having a new bigger, better RF would be pretty cool.  How were they going to build the new one?

I might do this just because there are already a lot of characters, and when they meet up with the Fox, there will be a second ship anyway. What do y'all think?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2014, 04:07:16 PM »
Right now my alternative draft has five noobs (I can't count, apparently).  I cut one of the Delta guys and the SEAL.  I may put them back in if I need some redshirts in the first act.

The original plan was to build a second ship the same way they built the first one.  I just realized I overlooked a pretty big plot point up until now, even though the two agents talk about it in the freaking prologue:facepalm:

They will need 60kg of 93M to power the reactor and energy weapons.  There isn't any left on Earth.  In fact, the closest supply that even remotely approaches that amount belongs to Cane Venator, and he's currently heading to Earth at about 900 c.  So, if I do decide to have a second ship built, rather than have the two ships rendezvous somewhere near Epsilon Lyrae like I'd originally planned, I may simply have the Fox arrive on Earth during the first act.

If they simply decide to upgrade the Reckless Faith, they won't need any extra 93M.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2014, 04:18:26 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2014, 04:19:55 PM »
Right now my alternative draft has five noobs (I can't count, apparently).  I cut one of the Delta guys and the SEAL.  I may put them back in if I need some redshirts in the first act.

The original plan was to build a second ship the same way they built the first one.  I just realized I overlooked a pretty big plot point up until now, even though the two agents talk about it in the freaking prologue:facepalm:

They will need 60kg of 93M to power the reactor and energy weapons.  There isn't any left on Earth.  In fact, the closest supply that even remotely approaches that amount belongs to Cane Venator, and he's currently heading to Earth at about 900 cSo, if I do decide to have a second ship built, rather than have the two ships rendezvous somewhere near Epsilon Lyrae like I'd originally planned, I may simply have the Fox arrive on Earth during the first act.

If they simply decide to upgrade the Reckless Faith, they won't need any extra 93M.

That would be interesting since, IIRC the Fox doesn't have any invisibility.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2014, 04:21:30 PM »
Well, I'm late to this party, but I got it coming to my phone now.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 05:58:05 PM by bluestarlizzard »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2014, 07:48:04 PM »
Thank you, I hope you enjoy it!  =D

As for the Fox, you are correct, she does not have a Cloaking Device TM.  Still, the Earth of 2029 that I've envisioned will not have any huge advantages in space surveillance over today, so the Fox shouldn't have any trouble staying hidden in orbit... and if they have to engage in combat operations near the surface, they'll just say f*** it (these are my protagonists we're talking about, after all).