Author Topic: McDonald's Pricing  (Read 3238 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: McDonald's Pricing
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2020, 01:06:22 PM »
Judging by the color, that's hot sauce on the ham.

Well, Texas Pete or some other trash, not hot sauce.  More like slightly warm vinegar.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2020, 01:07:03 PM »
Fun Fact: In the 60s and 70s (maybe later) McDonald's used the best ground beef they could buy.  They just didn't give you much of it.  Their .15 burgers were .97 lb, so they got 97 patties out of 10 lbs of beef.
Kids these days and their new math.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2020, 01:58:22 PM »
Well, Texas Pete or some other trash, not hot sauce.  More like slightly warm vinegar.

Jesus, Grandpa Simpsons...

I'M NOT PAYING FOR IT, I'M NOT EATING IT, BUT BY GOD I'LL COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2020, 02:14:52 PM »
Hey, Hot Sauce is serious business.  It's not like Cornbread where there's 100 ways to make it right.  I couldn't let it be defamed.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2020, 03:10:20 PM »
Hey, Hot Sauce is serious business.  It's not like Cornbread where there's 100 ways to make it right.  I couldn't let it be defamed.

This place, about 30 miles south of me, is supposed to be famous for the number of hot sauces they carry: https://doubleddmeats.com/meat-sauces/  I have been there several times, for the meat, and they do have quite the number of BBQ sauces, hot sauces, and rubs.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2020, 03:22:19 PM »

Unless it burns for a second time as one destroys a public bathroom, can it really be called hot sauce?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2020, 03:24:25 PM »
Ben, is that ketchup that I see on the ham?

Sir. How dare you!

That is Chalula, which I use for everything breakfasty.

Ketchup, indeed.

:laugh:

Anyways,  I guess the filet 'o fish explains my original complaint.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2020, 03:34:43 PM »
There's only one hot sauce that's worth spending money on...

Everything else is just tasteless crap, stupidly hot crap with no taste, or whatever.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2020, 03:35:52 PM »
Sir. How dare you!

That is Chalula, which I use for everything breakfasty.

Ketchup, indeed.

:laugh:

Anyways,  I guess the filet 'o fish explains my original complaint.

I wondered, but we are supposed to be inclusive now, even of people who put ketchup on ham.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2020, 04:35:19 PM »
Unless it burns for a second time as one destroys a public bathroom, can it really be called hot sauce?
That is pretty subjective, IMO.  Just based what you are used to.  I have eaten with people who didn't eat more than one bite because something was too spicy where it didn't even taste warm to me.  Others I know eat spicy stuff I don't want to touch. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2020, 04:39:25 PM »
I don't typically get the double meat burgers, but the basic combo meal is $8 to $10 depending on if you supersize everything.  Most local burger places here end up at $10 to $12 depending on if you get the special.  They often have better fries too. 

No, no. BURN THE HERETIC!

Of the [formerly] fast food burger joints, I much prefer Burger King's burgers. Their fish sandwich (once called the "Whaler," and now called something devilishly clever like "fish sandwich") are horrible to the point of verging on inedible, and McD's Filet o' Fish is excellent.

Fries? NOBODY has fries that compare with McD's fries. But McD's doesn't have caffeine-free Diet Coke, and that's what usually drives my choice between McD's and BK. I love Diet Coke, but I can't have any caffeine.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2020, 04:43:03 PM »
"Of the [formerly] fast food burger joints, I much prefer Burger King's burgers."

Jesus... Dude, what the F is wrong with you?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I never much cared for their burgers. They're OK, but for me, Wendy's burgers take the top rank.

As for fish sandwiches, BKs are OK. I want to try Arby's one of these days, but I'm never near one when they're serving lunch or dinner.

BK's spicy chicken sandwiches are just bad... REALLY bad. Their regulars are OK, but whatever spice they put in that batter makes them taste like, well, bad.

"but I can't have any caffeine."

Oh. THAT'S what's wrong with you...  :rofl:

Crap, I'd go nuts. I'm pretty sure that caffeine is the foundation on which my entire food pyramid is built.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2020, 04:46:27 PM »

Jesus... Dude, what the F is wrong with you?

Nothing at all, but thanks for asking.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2020, 04:51:48 PM »
Yeah, OK, keep deluding yourself. I guess we can buy into the fantasy...  :rofl: :rofl:

I THINK BK used to have a Pizza Burger, or an Italian Burger... years ago, when I was in school...

Marinara sauce and mozarella. It was actually pretty damned good.

Around the same time (late 1970s through the middle to late 1980s) Hardee's had some really good burgers.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2020, 05:01:37 PM »
I would put Burger King's Whopper ahead of Wendy's when it is freshly made.  The flame broiled paddy is just better or can be.  However, BK is all over the place on quality so any given burger may have sat in a warmer for 2 hours and similar quality issues with fries and such.  Wendy's and Whataburger are more consistent. 

McD's fries are good when they are fresh, certainly good for fast food fries.  There is a burger joint in my home town that has thicker fries that are better.  A place that used to be open near work had some extra thick fries that would melt in your mouth.  Haven't had any like that in a while.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2020, 05:04:24 PM »
The flame broiled paddy is just better or can be.

Why are we flame broiling the Irish?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2020, 05:08:28 PM »
Hum... Maybe that BK pizza burger was the Chicken Parm sandwich...

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2020, 06:39:12 PM »
Why are we flame broiling the Irish?

A Modest Proposal.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2020, 07:10:43 PM »
If you order fish sandwiches from McDonalds, your opinion on burgers is highly suspect.

Also, Dairy Queen FTW.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2020, 08:47:45 PM »

Deployment chow hall burnout? 

I swear the DoD got a deal on Texas Pete,  saw that *expletive deleted*it everywhere.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2020, 08:53:25 PM »
The last fifteen or so years I ran a one man shop.  I would close for a few minutes at lunch and grab some fast food, every day.

McDonald's: I would go there every once in a while.  Their sandwiches tasted like a heart attack.  They have gotten much better lately though.

Sonic:  Food is mediocre, but the summer drinks are GREAT, especially the cherry limeaid.

Arby's: Their Reuben is outstanding. Their fries used to be good, but they dropped them and now only have curly fries or potato cakes, which are good, but their fries were better.

BK: They can't seem to get an order right.  Last time I went there, I ordered a double cheeseburger.  They brought me a large order of fries and a small order of fries ... and that was it.

Taco Bell: I used to go there once a week for a burrito supreme with a bunch of "fire" sauce.  The price was right, and the food was good.  I only mention them because of their hiring practices.  There was a girl working there with Down Syndrome, by the name of Anna.  She would stock condiments, sweep the sidewalks, open the door for customers, and greet everybody.  She called me "handsome" one day and asked if that was all right.  I told her "Only if I can call you beautiful".  And so it began.  She always said "You need nakkins!" when I was leaving.

Wendy's: I always liked their burgers, but several years ago they went downhill, seriously, and I quit going there.  Now, they are much better.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2020, 09:11:05 PM »
The last fifteen or so years I ran a one man shop.  I would close for a few minutes at lunch and grab some fast food, every day.

McDonald's: I would go there every once in a while.  Their sandwiches tasted like a heart attack.  They have gotten much better lately though.

Sonic:  Food is mediocre, but the summer drinks are GREAT, especially the cherry limeaid.

Arby's: Their Reuben is outstanding. Their fries used to be good, but they dropped them and now only have curly fries or potato cakes, which are good, but their fries were better.

BK: They can't seem to get an order right.  Last time I went there, I ordered a double cheeseburger.  They brought me a large order of fries and a small order of fries ... and that was it.

Taco Bell: I used to go there once a week for a burrito supreme with a bunch of "fire" sauce.  The price was right, and the food was good.  I only mention them because of their hiring practices.  There was a girl working there with Down Syndrome, by the name of Anna.  She would stock condiments, sweep the sidewalks, open the door for customers, and greet everybody.  She called me "handsome" one day and asked if that was all right.  I told her "Only if I can call you beautiful".  And so it began.  She always said "You need nakkins!" when I was leaving.

Wendy's: I always liked their burgers, but several years ago they went downhill, seriously, and I quit going there.  Now, they are much better.

The Taco Bell story is sweet :)

I bought a Reuben at Arby's recently to try it, and it wasn't very good -- it was way too sweet.  The sweet sauce might have been okay if the sauerkraut was stronger, but it had all the flavor drained and rinsed out of it.  Too bad; I like Reubens and I like Arby's.  I should try their gyros...

I'll be checking my order at BK before I drive off now (and I go there a lot less often)  They often get something wrong, like I'll order two of something and just get one, but also only charged for one.  Last time (after waiting half an hour in the drive thru line) I ordered a Whopper meal for two for Wife and me, and chicken nuggets for the dogs.  I got charged for the nuggets but didn't get them.  The insult to injury was the printed receipt was screwed up so I couldn't ding them in the online "how was your visit" poll and get a free Whopper next time.  I called the manager and chewed him out.  He blamed it on the staff.  Offered to give me an order of nuggets if I came back; I told him I didn't want to wait in line a half hour again.

I should try the BK on the other side of town.  It's not *that* far away, 2 or 3 miles instead of a half mile.
"It's good, though..."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2020, 09:47:09 PM »
I have noted that a lot of times the "nicer" burgers at fast food places have all gotten stupid. If I hit Mcdonalds these days I usually just get the regular old 2 dollar cheeseburger meal or the fish sammich. I rarely if ever hit burger king any more. I rather like Wendy's actually, and as a bonus if I am wanting strictly to eat on the cheap, I'll get their 4 for 4 with the Jr. bacon cheeseburger.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2020, 09:59:35 PM »
I've emulated the flavors of the Big Mac as well as White Castle sliders here in my own kitchen, rendering the "real thing" no longer necessary.

My Chicago Deep Dish is coming along nicely and my thin crust rocks despite using Boboli thin crust store bought crust.

Mickey D's headquarters was my neighbor for years. I ran a warranty service call on a cooler they were testing back in the distant past and was blown away by their testing lab.

You cannot overestimate the amount of R&D that goes into every aspect of fast food.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2020, 10:25:39 PM »
There's only one hot sauce that's worth spending money on...

Everything else is just tasteless crap, stupidly hot crap with no taste, or whatever.

Have you ever had Crystal Louisiana hot sauce?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536