Author Topic: Please Sir, may I have some more?  (Read 3261 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Please Sir, may I have some more?
« on: November 05, 2021, 08:18:08 AM »
More? MORE!

NO MORE FOR YOU!

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/05/oil-rises-after-opec-rebuffs-us-call-to-boost-output-.html

As expected, OPEC+ has decided not to raise oil production, sticking to their previous plan for production increases.

This despite Biden begging OPEC to increase production to cool off skyrocketing fuel prices in the United States.

Of course, there could be another way to help cool those energy prices, but we can't allow Americans to be energy independent now, can we?

"The White House said Washington would consider a full range of tools at its disposal to guarantee access to affordable energy after the OPEC+ meeting."

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see that those tools will NOT retreating from the declaration of war Biden issued against US fossil fuel producers the moment he walked into the White House.

I hope like hell that oil and gas prices keep punching up right though next year's midterms. A lot of people voted for that crap, so let them suffer. Unfortunately, a lot of people didn't vote for that crap, but that just makes them more angry and more likely to vote.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Please Sir, may I have some more?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 09:16:16 AM »
Well thanks to the Brandon administration…
What we have here is failure to communicate.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 09:19:18 AM »
The oil must flow.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 09:19:30 AM »
In some ways it is sad that the only thing that motivates people to vote is gas prices. I of course don’t care for them much myself since I drive 40k a year but Ray Charles could have seen this coming. In the long run it’s also a losing political issue. We will eventually use little to no gas, not because we ran out of dinosaurs but rather will to get them. I wish there was a place for a center right environmental party.  Build nukes, lots of them everywhere. Make synthetic fuel and desalinated water with resultant unlimited electricity.

I have also gotten completely sour on biofuels. Been around alcohol burning cars since I could crawl. Fantastic fuel but no solution if your worries are carbon dioxide emissions. Ethanol and biodiesel mandates are only depleting soil, covering the world in roundup while they drive up the cost of food. A perfect regressive tax to fund green pipe dreams on the backs of the poor.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 09:26:53 AM »
Let's not even talk about the inherent racism of asking nations populated by people of color to pump more oil so that the United States can have it, when part of the reason why the current administration has gone to war against domestic fossil fuel interests is to....

protect people of color...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 09:29:20 AM »
"In some ways it is sad that the only thing that motivates people to vote is gas prices. "

Oh please.

Government actions impacting an individual personal financial situation has been a prime motivating factor in people getting out to vote since the beginning of the republic.

Always has been, always will be.

It was a primary kicker for the rise of the independence movement in the Colonies.

And not long after the United States came into existence it also kicked off the Whiskey Rebellion.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 09:32:06 AM »
protect people of color...

Just the ones in their backyard, so that they have something to talk about at the Friday evening wine, cheese, and Prius get togethers.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 09:38:41 AM »
Just the ones in their backyard, so that they have something to talk about at the Friday evening wine, cheese, and Prius private jet get togethers.

FIFY
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 09:51:25 AM »
"In some ways it is sad that the only thing that motivates people to vote is gas prices. "

Oh please.

Government actions impacting an individual personal financial situation has been a prime motivating factor in people getting out to vote since the beginning of the republic.

Always has been, always will be.

It was a primary kicker for the rise of the independence movement in the Colonies.

And not long after the United States came into existence it also kicked off the Whiskey Rebellion.

I am aware. I was more thinking in the lines of why were you voting for these names I cannot use on this board for the last four decades? A little late to be politically motivated now. Orangemanbad proved it is possible to increase domestic output without raping the land because if it had happened it would be front page news.
AKA Navy Joe   

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2021, 10:13:21 AM »
In some ways it is sad that the only thing that motivates people to vote is gas prices. I of course don’t care for them much myself since I drive 40k a year but Ray Charles could have seen this coming. In the long run it’s also a losing political issue. We will eventually use little to no gas, not because we ran out of dinosaurs but rather will to get them. I wish there was a place for a center right environmental party.  Build nukes, lots of them everywhere. Make synthetic fuel and desalinated water with resultant unlimited electricity.

I have also gotten completely sour on biofuels. Been around alcohol burning cars since I could crawl. Fantastic fuel but no solution if your worries are carbon dioxide emissions. Ethanol and biodiesel mandates are only depleting soil, covering the world in roundup while they drive up the cost of food. A perfect regressive tax to fund green pipe dreams on the backs of the poor.

I am voting for you, French.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2021, 10:16:56 AM »
I am voting for you, French.

I'm voting for you, Millcreek, but not because I like you. It's a protest vote against French.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2021, 12:23:05 PM »
I'm voting for you, Millcreek, but not because I like you. It's a protest vote against French.

Yeah me too! Oh wait...
AKA Navy Joe   

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2021, 09:30:20 PM »
FIFY

Nyah - Ben pretty much described most of my neighbors. They seem to like the tame black people. They don't really like the carjackers or, to be blunt, the African immigrants... Who don't really like the African-Americans...
Blog under construction

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2021, 10:18:37 PM »

^^This

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2021, 10:09:11 AM »

Nyah - Ben pretty much described most of my neighbors. They seem to like the tame black people. They don't really like the carjackers or, to be blunt, the African immigrants... Who don't really like the African-Americans...

What is a tame black person? 

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2021, 10:17:33 AM »
If Millcreek and French are running for office, I volunteer to count the votes. I promise I won't take bribes.

But by the way, I'm an artist, having recently taken up painting, and I have some paintings available for sale . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2021, 10:47:13 AM »
What is a tame black person?

For clarity, since I was referenced in Bogie's post, I was responding to KFrame's comment about outsourcing our pollution, and I was stating that many progressives ride a high horse regarding things like "pollution in POC neighborhoods" and "food deserts" and "racist urban microclimates" and the like here, but are fine ignoring what goes on in the countries we import our oil from, and from which we import our Rare Earths and other stuff that makes their IPhones go.

What goes on in those countries is orders and orders of magnitude worse than any effects in POC neighborhoods in the US from domestic energy production.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2021, 11:33:32 AM »
For clarity, since I was referenced in Bogie's post, I was responding to KFrame's comment about outsourcing our pollution, and I was stating that many progressives ride a high horse regarding things like "pollution in POC neighborhoods" and "food deserts" and "racist urban microclimates" and the like here, but are fine ignoring what goes on in the countries we import our oil from, and from which we import our Rare Earths and other stuff that makes their IPhones go.

What goes on in those countries is orders and orders of magnitude worse than any effects in POC neighborhoods in the US from domestic energy production.

You are obviously a racist for pointing that out!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2021, 12:55:26 PM »
The push to zero emissions is also an assault on rural america which is the real root issue in most of today's divisive politics. Agrarian v. urban has been an issue since before the declaration of independence. Us serfs need to shut up and send food. But to do that we need diesel trucks and stuff. The only entities that will be able to afford alternative energy farming will be something like whatever megacorp Bill Gates or somebody comes up with to robotically farm. Then we don't need the peasants at all...
AKA Navy Joe   

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2021, 12:58:36 PM »
Taking a cue from Kamala Harris on how to response to uncomfortable questions
These people aren't feeling your pain, they're laughing at it.

Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm laughs when asked about Biden's plans to bring gas prices down.
"Ha ha ha. That is hilarious!"
https://twitter.com/i/status/1456610771186634757
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2021, 01:36:27 PM »
The only entities that will be able to afford alternative energy farming will be something like whatever megacorp Bill Gates or somebody comes up with to robotically farm. Then we don't need the peasants at all...

Tinfoily, but isn't Gates now the largest owner of farmland in America?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2021, 02:32:16 PM »
Tinfoily, but isn't Gates now the largest owner of farmland in America?

That's a stupid tinfoil hat headline. Yes his investment trusts own a lot. And it is an insignificant amount. 250K acres or something? 
AKA Navy Joe   

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2021, 02:54:23 PM »
The push to zero emissions is also an assault on rural america which is the real root issue in most of today's divisive politics. Agrarian v. urban has been an issue since before the declaration of independence. Us serfs need to shut up and send food. But to do that we need diesel trucks and stuff. The only entities that will be able to afford alternative energy farming will be something like whatever megacorp Bill Gates or somebody comes up with to robotically farm. Then we don't need the peasants at all...

Exactly.

I can tell you this battery Tesla cars and light pickups are nice for city and suburbs but when you live out there it’s a whole different story

There is also a HUGE difference between electrifying a sedan and a big tractor or other piece of equipment. A D6 dozer burns almost a hundred gallons of diesel a shift, a 36 ton excavator burns 150 gallons of fuel a day. A John Deere combine looks to burn a little over 300 gallons a day. Those all have Diesel engines that convert that fuel burn as efficiently as possible and to change that kind of energy requirement to a battery powered system would be very prohibitive. But you can’t get the green freaks to understand that they think you can feed the world an acre at a time like the sharecroppers did.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2021, 04:12:17 PM »
You can once you reduce that pesky population per acre.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2021, 06:07:49 PM »
"But you can’t get the green freaks to understand"...anything actually.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw