Author Topic: GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1652 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 28, 2006, 10:01:17 AM »
Three weeks ago today I interviewed for a job.

I was highly recommended by a friend of mine who work in a different division from the hiring manager.

This would be a big step up for me, both in responsibility and salary.

I pinged the hiring manager a little bit ago.

They STILL haven't made a frigging decision.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 10:09:15 AM »
Mired in Corporate Bullshit?

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 10:10:43 AM »
That's not necessarily a bad thing...

The job I am at now they hemmed and hawed for three weeks.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 10:14:21 AM »
No, they're moving at the speed of the federal government.

I wouldn't be working for the federal government, I'd be working for a contractor to the National Academy of Sciences...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:26:36 AM »
*expletive deleted*it Mike, I work for a State University and it takes for ever to hire someone due to procedures of HR office. Have to scrutinize the position, then starting salary, then scrutinize the decisions made by the search/interview committee, then make sure its all ADA and affirmative action approved, then after three-four week after the interview the candidates are notified.

C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 04:57:54 PM »
I once spent well over three months hiring someone. I couldn't find anyone qualified, competent, and willing to take the job. I eventually hired someone more or less qualified on paper, competent-sounding, willing to take the job, and unable actually to do it.

If I'd stayed with the company any longer than I did, I'd have had to get rid of him. Proofreaders who can't spell are annoying.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 05:10:44 PM »
Try getting hired for a job a week before school got out, with a week off before I start, getting into that week off and still not knowing if I am for sure starting that day, where the office is located, whether or not they got my housing set up and with a HR department that doesn't answer their phone.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 05:21:36 PM »
if you think it would help, i am willing to vouch that you are a disabled minority woman
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 07:23:08 PM »
he may look white, but his gramma Bunny on his moms side was a full blood Easter Islander
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 07:32:18 PM »
Goddamn you guys are sideshow freaks...

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 02:50:56 AM »
Well, at least you let him know you're interested enough to check up on it. I once got a job because I was the first to call back and ask if a decision had been made. Too bad the outfit and therefore the job ended up sucking...  shocked

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 08:09:16 PM »
If it's any consolation, that's a really eyecatching thread title you've got there!  :p
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 07:07:18 AM »
Well, I too am looking for a job...in Raleigh.  I had my first interview Friday after 4 months of searching.  I think it went well but unfortunately it's for a 3rd shift job that pays 2/3rds of what I am making now.  I own a home in Raleigh and all my belongings are up there...I am living with a friend in Ft. Lauderdale as I sit here and type this so I can get up in the morning and go to my current job.  How frustrating is that?

Are there that many people looking for work that they take months to hire someone or is it just the corporate mumbo jumbo?  I need a job and I am willing to work hard...how hard is that?

Greg

Strings

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 12:42:57 PM »
I'll second Harold's idea. That's two referances to being a disabled minority woman...

I'd offer to vouch for your good character, but I just can't stretch the truth that far... :neener: