Author Topic: Annual property inspection in my community...  (Read 2296 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Annual property inspection in my community...
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 05:02:31 AM »
"Well hold on their a second.  Aren't city councils a form of HOA and how about your friendly building and zoning department?  In most rural areas county commisions or boards have a fair amount of control over what people do with their property."

What I've said numerous times before -- HOAs are simply another form of government, but one generally with a much more directed focus and purpose.

One thing I didn't mention about the property inspection this past weekend... It also went hand in hand with the commons property clean up. IOW, I was out there picking up *expletive deleted*it dropped by other people who were too lazy to waddle 20 yards to their home and drop their Sara Lee individual cheesecake confection wrapper into their garbage, as opposed to wadding it up and tossing it on the ground.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 06:42:10 AM »
People's homes are usually thier largest investment.  I don't think it too odd that they want to make money on the deal by entering into voluntary agreements to maintain certain standards.

This goes doubly for those who have to move, every once in a while, due to employment.  Nobody wants to take a bath on their home investment because Cletus guts his deer in the front lawn of his home in suburbia & leaves the viscera to rot.

I think of HOA-whiners as the flip side of the rural-newbie whiners.  You know, the folks who snivel because they smell cow flops when the wind blows off a neihboring cattle farm or when Cletus guts his deer in the front of his rural property.  Both want others to accomodate their wants & needs, without regard to locally settled parctices and agreements.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 10:01:59 AM »
I can only think of two or three people in this community who have the potential to rise above having their skin used as a lamp shade.
Mike, that's over the line.