Author Topic: Wizz Air, guess what happens  (Read 1768 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Wizz Air, guess what happens
« on: July 23, 2018, 05:51:25 PM »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Cliffh

• friend
Re: Wizz Air, guess what happens
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:14:48 PM »
Just 5 min. ago we were talking about how uncivilized airline passengers (on the whole) have become.

Not that I would want to go back to wearing a suit to fly, but a bit more decorum & respect would be nice.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 06:33:11 PM »
Just 5 min. ago we were talking about how uncivilized airline passengers (on the whole) have become.

Not that I would want to go back to wearing a suit to fly, but a bit more decorum & respect would be nice.

Giving the cabin crew Tasers and handcuffs would be better!

bob

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 06:51:32 PM »
I can see it now: Women drops trou and begins doing her "business", gets hit by tazer - and then starts convulsing....  "Anyone got some towelettes"!?!?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 07:54:43 PM »

bob

~~And probably diapers ....for passengers who can't (or won't) hold it in.    [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 08:01:41 PM »
Greyhound of the skies.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 08:53:06 PM »

In the matter of reforming things, as distinct from deforming them, there is one plain and simple principle; a principle which will probably be called a paradox. There exists in such a case a certain institution or law; let us say, for the sake of simplicity, a fence or gate erected across a road. The more modern type of reformer goes gaily up to it and says, “I don’t see the use of this; let us clear it away.” To which the more intelligent type of reformer will do well to answer: “If you don’t see the use of it, I certainly won’t let you clear it away. Go away and think. Then, when you can come back and tell me that you do see the use of it, I may allow you to destroy it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 09:30:31 PM »
I read a blog post blaming deregulation for this sort of thing.

Through deregulation, the prices dropped and the hoi-polloi could fly. And by cramming as many of them into one plane an airline could make loads of money. And if you wanted a share of that sweet, sweaty cash you had to follow suite. This then became such a money-spinner that only that business model could survive.

And now everybody, rich and poor are jammed into uncomfortable planes like sardines jammed into some sort of...thing.

And women pee in the aisles.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 02:03:10 AM »
Mike Rowe had a great post (repost from I think 4 years previous) that was similar in nature.

Why people don't hit the head before taking off, and then manage fluid intake during flight I don't understand.  A kid is one thing.  A 25+ year old should be able to figure it out without instructions.
Formerly sumpnz

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 02:18:26 AM »
Greyhound of the skies.

Greyhound seats are much more comfortable than airline seats in coach these days.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 09:48:52 AM »
Why people don't hit the head before taking off, and then manage fluid intake during flight I don't understand.

I bitch about that all of the time.  "I got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about it."

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 10:06:02 AM »

bob

Don't think that it would help with the wizzing though.  Probably increase the problem.  Pissing yourself is one of the possible side effects.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 12:27:00 AM »
I bitch about that all of the time.  "I got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about it."

I think one barrel roll should straighten their asses out most ricky-tick...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 05:51:29 AM »
I think one barrel roll should straighten their asses out most ricky-tick...

Too smooth.  I’m thinking snap-roll.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2018, 08:53:07 AM »

Is it the civilized behavior while flying or just a lack of civilized behavior in general?

This woman had to go bad enough that she wizzed on the floor, but she couldn't be bothered to stop talking on her phone while doing so (which brings the first need into question). 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 08:54:22 AM »
On another front, why would they restrict use of the bathroom while fueling the plane? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 09:41:40 AM »
On another front, why would they restrict use of the bathroom while fueling the plane? 

There is always more to the story than reported.  Also known as "the reporter reports, but doesn't know."

There is no reason to restrict acess to the bathroom while refueling.  Maybe the bathroom was in use.  Maybe it was being serviced and therefore unusable.  Maybe Wizz Air has a policy that prohibits using the bathroom while the plane is on the ground.  No matter the reasoning, I think there is no causation between the act of fueling and closing the bathroom.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 10:39:08 AM »

I might have made an CRJ7 do one of those the other night when another sector "borrowed" my airspace....  :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 12:13:37 PM »
Giga bought an airline? Cool!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 03:23:01 PM »
Is it the civilized behavior while flying or just a lack of civilized behavior in general?

This woman had to go bad enough that she wizzed on the floor, but she couldn't be bothered to stop talking on her phone while doing so (which brings the first need into question). 

The discussion was specifically about flying but the "lack of civilized behavior" applies to too large a portion of the world's population in general.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 04:09:21 PM »
True on behavior.  I do find it odd that she couldn't be bothered to stop talking on her phone until the police showed up.  She sounds like someone who would cause a plane to be diverted so she could be removed. 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 04:57:48 PM »
Greyhound seats are much more comfortable than airline seats in coach these days.

Absolutely and without exception, I think.  I have not flown on any commercial aircraft in the last twenty years that has had a comfortable, well padded seat.  Eleven hour flights to Narita take their toll on one's posterior.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »

My curmudgeonly self would vote for five minutes of inverted flight.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 05:04:23 PM »
Mike Rowe had a great post (repost from I think 4 years previous) that was similar in nature.

Why people don't hit the head before taking off, and then manage fluid intake during flight I don't understand.  A kid is one thing.  A 25+ year old should be able to figure it out without instructions.

Not defending the woman in question (because she sounds like someone with issues)

But... speaking as someone descended from a long line of woman with small bladder capacity, hitting the head before take off and managing fluid intake isn't as easy as you think.  =|
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 08:26:09 PM »
hitting the head before take off and managing fluid intake isn't as easy as you think.  =|

Yes it is.  You know what time boarding starts.  You know there are bathrooms in the airport.  You know how much fluid you've had to drink.  You can do the math.