Author Topic: That was exhilarating  (Read 8402 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: That was exhilarating
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 02:18:47 PM »
No, works surprisingly well.  Except the little critters find entertainment in wrapping the leash around objects or legs.

They can't possibly be worse then some dogs i've walked.

To be honest, I lile the idea of buzzers and lowjacks better.
If cows are better free range, then I would bet its good for kids too.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 05:06:33 PM »
How about a shock "collar" (belt under clothes instead) that zaps the little one when he/she/undecided gets more than N feet from the parent controller ? >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 05:10:41 PM »
How about a shock "collar" (belt under clothes instead) that zaps the little one when he/she/undecided gets more than N feet from the parent controller ? >:D

Even I could make that adjustment once the connection to the siren was located and rerouted to the outside of the case.  A little slicon sealant to put the case back together and it's good to go.  Only issue would be deciding how long to let it go until I turned the zapping off - it'd teach the little rug rat not to stray!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »

I was all for the shock/training collars for the little darlings but the wife vetoed it. She also vetoed the Hotshot as a substitute or spanking.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 11:09:57 PM »
After seeing how well invisible fencing works on the dog child I've suggested it, to a chilly reception, for the bipedal version. Seems it would be more effective than lectures on why it is dangerous to play in the street.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2011, 01:04:33 AM »
It's still a problem at 6 and 7, they still run around wild, and the amount of yelling and smacking that actually gets them to listen for more than 5 minutes before doing it again tends to get you on the news, or talking to the cops these days.

"Why can't you control your children?"

"I can't believe he just spanked his child.  I'm calling 911!"

Even the best kids need to know what lines not to cross and that there are immediate and unpleasant consequences when they do so.  Sadly, our sorry excuse for a society makes that more difficult every day.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 01:26:58 AM »
At the childrens museum of Richmond and "misplaced" my 4 year old for about 5 mins. She was right where she was supposed to be the whole time. I just couldn't see her. She was within 20 feet till I started frantically searching. That was an educational moment

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/product.do?part=214443&BASE
http://www.topnotchtactical.com/content-product_info/product_id-3111/als_command_initiated_smoke_grenade.html

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 07:17:42 AM »
My Kid would think the grenade was cool. "do it again !"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2011, 10:52:21 AM »
I was all for the shock/training collars for the little darlings but the wife vetoed it. She also vetoed the Hotshot as a substitute or spanking.

Women are so unreasonable sometimes  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2011, 02:00:52 PM »
Women are so unreasonable sometimes  ;/

Not that unreasonable.

I mean, really, how often to trips to the er start with the statement "I triple dog dare you..."

Add in the means of eletricuting themselves andget double the er visits.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2011, 02:13:14 PM »
Not that unreasonable.

I mean, really, how often to trips to the er start with the statement "I triple dog dare you..."

Add in the means of eletricuting themselves andget double the er visits.

No, no, no.  A sizable chunk of trips to the ER start with 'hold my beer and watch this....."

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »
No, no, no.  A sizable chunk of trips to the ER start with 'hold my beer and watch this....."

That's what "triple dog dare" is when it grows up.