Author Topic: That Special Hell  (Read 846 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
That Special Hell
« on: January 16, 2015, 01:10:29 AM »
This sure sounds like it.   Being forced to watch and listen to Barney every farkin' day for twelve years.

It's also an amazing story of the human body's resiliency and ability to heal itself.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/man-wakes-up-after-12-years-in-vegetative-state-reveals-i-was-aware-of-ever
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: That Special Hell
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 01:14:33 AM »
Ever wonder how many guys just like him get unplugged?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 06:56:34 AM »
Hell I'm surprised after about two years he didn't wake up just to off the nurses for putting him through that *expletive deleted*it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 08:47:40 AM »

That's been my thought for some time.

I can't imagine the torture this man has been through. In addition to the prison of his own body, his own mother telling him to die?

Also, it's interesting to me from the article: Who was it that bore all the stress and work of dealing with taking care of him every day, sacrificially? His dad. I think that may have been the largest saving grace: seeing how much his father loved him and cared for him, even as he (the father) thought his son couldn't understand what he was doing.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 10:08:47 AM »
That's been my thought for some time.

I can't imagine the torture this man has been through. In addition to the prison of his own body, his own mother telling him to die?

Also, it's interesting to me from the article: Who was it that bore all the stress and work of dealing with taking care of him every day, sacrificially? His dad. I think that may have been the largest saving grace: seeing how much his father loved him and cared for him, even as he (the father) thought his son couldn't understand what he was doing.

Attributed to many:
"Character is what we do when we think no one is looking."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 10:16:11 AM »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or vivisected.

Linked from OP article:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/doctor-says-about-brain-dead-man-saved-from-organ-harvesting-brain-death-is

21-year-old Zack Dunlap, a man who was diagnosed as "brain dead" and who was mere minutes away from having his organs harvested, now says, four months after the accident that brought him to the brink of death, that he feels "pretty good."

"The young man was never dead," said Dr. Paul Byrne, a former president of the Catholic Medical Association who began writing about brain death in 1977. What makes Dunlap’s case unusual, though not unheard of, says Byrne, is that Zack was lucky enough to be found out to be alive before his vital organs were removed.

He was always living - his heart was always beating, there was always blood pressure, he was always very much alive."

Dr. Byrne says that over the years he has collected information pertaining to numerous cases where patients labeled brain dead have "returned from the dead." The reason being, says Byrne, is that "brain death is never really death." 

Plans to remove her son’s organs, however, were put on hold in a dramatic fashion.

Two of Zack’s cousins, both nurses, said that, in the final moments before the medical team that was to harvest Zack’s organs arrived, they felt that their cousin wasn’t truly gone. On a hunch Dan Coffin ran his pocket knife across Zack’s foot. The supposedly brain dead patient reacted immediately by jerking back his foot. Coffin then dug his fingernail beneath Zack’s fingernail, a particularly tender spot on the body, and his cousin once again reacted by drawing his arm across his body.

"We went from the lowest possible moment to, ‘Oh, my gosh, our son is still alive!’" related Pam Dunlap.

The young man himself told NBC that he heard the doctors pronounce him brain dead, and said, "I’m glad I couldn’t get up and do what I wanted to do." When asked what he wanted to do, he responded, "There probably would have been a broken window they went out."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton