Author Topic: Thanks Court TV  (Read 942 times)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Thanks Court TV
« on: October 21, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »
 rolleyes

Puttering around the house half-watching the "Under Fire" police shootout marathon.  They just covered the David Arroyo courthouse shooting.

Guess what participant didn't get a mention.

Admittedly they are using the dash cam videos and there probably wasn't one in place when Mark Wilson intervened, but they didn't mention his actions at all.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Paddy

Re: Thanks Court TV
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 07:33:59 PM »
?  I have no idea WTF you're talking about.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 09:03:02 PM »
?  I have no idea WTF you're talking about.

Mark Wilson was a CCW holder who engaged an AK clone wielding asshat who'd just murdered his wife and was about to murder his son.  He hit the bastard but the BG was wearing body armor.  The BG then killed Mr. Wilson, and fled - only to be killed by the police later.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 01:25:17 AM »
Yep. 

Sorry for not including a link Riley.

He was an avid shooter and trained CCW who saw what was happening and got good hits in with his 1911.  Unfortunately, the BG had body armor on and took him out.

He was recognized by the Texas Legislature for his role in interrupting the BG's attack and causing him to flee the scene before killing more people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_courthouse_shooting
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 01:30:09 AM »
That's a major omission there. Could it be that they didn't get permission to include Mark Wilson from his family or for some sort of legal reasons?
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 01:36:30 AM »
I can only hope. 

Thinking about it, all the shootouts they covered involved actual cruiser and press film and I doubt there was any when Wilson intervened.

I'd recommend watching the shows, lots of actual gunfight video to examine for lessons learned.