Author Topic: Taliban may be Hebrew  (Read 1356 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Taliban may be Hebrew
« on: February 18, 2010, 02:49:34 PM »
I'm not making this up.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/135487

(IsraelNN.com) Experts at the National Institute of Immunohaematology in Mumbai, India believe a large group of Taliban Muslims might be descended of the lost Ten Tribes of Israel – and an Israeli rabbinical expert agrees.

Israel’s government is partially funding a genetic study to establish if there is any proof of the link, bringing an Indian expert in DNA profiling and population genetics to the Technion in Haifa. The expert, Shahnaz Ali, will be supervised by Israeli genetic research expert Prof. Karl Skorecki.

Rabbi Eliyahu Avichayil, who has dedicated his life to seeking out descendants of the Ten Tribes and bringing them to Israel, says he does not need or trust genetic testing for this purpose: “Rashi’s explanation to Jeremiah 31, 20 implies that the way to identify the Ten Lost Tribes will be via the Jewish customs that they maintain – and in this case, there are many of them.”

Rabbi Avichayil says that the Jewish-like customs that have been found among the Pathans - many of whom are now of the Taliban tribe - include sidelocks, ritual circumcision at eight days, cities of refuge for accidental killers, four-cornered garments, ritual immersion for women, and more. They also practice levirate marriage - not according to Moslem custom, which allows for various relatives of the deceased to marry a widow, whether or not she has children, but rather closer to Jewish custom, in that only brothers can marry only childless-widows.

The very name of the Afridi tribe, of which many members belong to the Taliban, indicates its origin from the Israelite Tribe of Ephraim, Rabbi Avichayil says. “The Pathans,  22 million strong, include not only the Afridic tribe, some 7.5 million people, but also the Rabanis, the Gadis, the Asheris, etc. – indications that many of them are of the Ten Tribes.”

Asked if we now have to consider the possibility of absorbing millions of Moslems from the east, including Talibanis, Rabbi Avichayil said, “I originally thought that it would be sufficient to merely have a small representation of each tribe, and then the Messiah could take care of the rest. But I was then encouraged by the Lubavitcher Rebbe to continue bringing more and more – but some basic conditions must still be met, such as good absorption arrangements – not as there were with the Ethiopians – and of course a willingness on their part. I met with some Afridi members in Washington, and they were very enthusiastic about what I was saying. If I saw that some of them were interested in converting and living a Jewish lifestyle, I would immediately do what I could to help them come here.”

Regarding Al Qaeda terrorist leader and mass murderer Osama Bin Laden, Rabbi Avichayil said, "No need for concern; he's not from these tribes, but rather hails from Yemen and Saudi Arabia."

As a bit of a linguist, I find the tribe names VERY convincing: Afridis, Rabanis, Gadis, and the Asheris may be Ephraim, Reuben, Gad, and Asher. That's more coincidence than can be easily dismissed.

Not only would discovering four many1 of the "lost tribes" be interesting, the irony of this is hilarious.

1) Upon further research there are more than those four whose names seem to be derived from the tribes of Israel.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 02:55:56 PM by makattak »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Taliban may be Hebrew
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 03:48:03 PM »
And we trust INN, why?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »
Not surprising.  Heck, the Japanese hate Koreans with a passion even though it's been genetically proven that one is the descendent of the other.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 03:52:18 PM »
And we trust INN, why?
+1

My first thought when reading this was :  Mossad psy-op.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 03:53:49 PM »
And we trust INN, why?

It wasn't the only source, but I have no reason to suspect this news source.

Of course, I know next to nothing about news sources outside of the United States.

Would you prefer the Gaurdian?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/17/israel-lost-tribes-pashtun
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 03:57:09 PM »
Aww, that's so cute.

MB is our own little APS Taliban dude, and he didn't even know it.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 03:59:40 PM »
Still waiting for some ethnic or political or national group to come out with the news that they aren't descended from the ten lost tribes of Israel, after all.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 04:03:45 PM »
That would be kinda funny, BW, much like the current blog fad of stating, "In today's news, Michael Jackson is still dead!"  =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »
INN is basically WND, for JEWWWWS. Except with insane amounts of radical nationalism.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner