Author Topic: Maybe his leg has stopped tingling  (Read 8906 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Maybe his leg has stopped tingling
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 05:49:06 PM »
Yeah, Dick, you left out the action items.  =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 12:33:22 AM »
Not sustainable, Monkeyleg, not sustainable.

Well, not without leveraging your paradigms.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 01:53:34 PM »
We have to think outside the box. If we can wrap our arms around the "truth to power" expression, we can pick the low hanging fruit, and make it a win-win situation.

We need to start with a blank sheet of paper and do some blue sky thinking about the expression. Let's have a brain dump and get first mover advantage.
Not near enough synergy, and the project creep is unsustainable.  We'll have to parking lot that.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 05:40:28 PM »
Does anyone here actually have to listen at their jobs to these ridiculous cliches?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »
I think the word enhance was the beginning of corporatespeak in the early 80's.  Things went downhill from there.  The use of gibberish is directly proportional to whether your company began calling the  Personnel dept. the Human Resources dept. and college degrees became necessary for virtually every position in a company.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 06:46:25 PM »
The use of gibberish is directly proportional to whether your company began calling the  Personnel dept. the Human Resources dept.

You mean, Human Capital? 

grampster

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »
Not Human Capital.  HR's look at people as pins on a corporate strategy map.  People are considered costs, not capital.  My experience in business taught me that educational paperwork was more important than results.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 09:12:15 PM »
Does anyone here actually have to listen at their jobs to these ridiculous cliches?

Yes, I've participated in Action Workout Teams.  I'm familiar with the disease.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 12:11:57 AM »
Not Human Capital.  HR's look at people as pins on a corporate strategy map.  People are considered costs, not capital.  My experience in business taught me that educational paperwork was more important than results.

No, I just meant that "Human Resources" has given way to "Human Capital," at least in one corp. I worked for.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »

oh god yes i used to   and i was a freekin chef.   drove me nuts  especially when the corporate shill spouting em was about a bright as a bagel
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I