Author Topic: Afghan pilot kills eight US troops and one contractor at Kabul airport  (Read 8873 times)

Laurent du Var

• friends

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13206560

"Eight US troops and a US contractor have been killed by an Afghan air force pilot at Kabul airport in an apparent argument, US officials say."

I'm sick of this sh*t. The US payed such a high price already and last week we've lost the 55th
French soldier in Afghanistan. Those people don't need help and will never ever come even close
to any kind of western civilization. They are not worth any foreign presence on their soil  at all in my opinion. Leave them the hell alone and good luck on your way to the dark ages. Makes me want to say bad things about Charlie Wilson as well, why help those animals? If the SU had wiped them out as they could have, maybe the world would be a better place - and don't get me started on those poppy fields.

Afghanistan is way beyond salvation. IMO they are not worth any more loss of real human beings.   
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

Pharmacology

• friends

"Eight US troops and a US contractor have been killed by an Afghan air force pilot at Kabul airport in an apparent argument, US officials say."

I'm sick of this sh*t. The US payed such a high price already and last week we've lost the 55th
French soldier in Afghanistan. Those people don't need help and will never ever come even close
to any kind of western civilization. They are not worth any foreign presence on their soil  at all in my opinion. Leave them the hell alone and good luck on your way to the dark ages. Makes me want to say bad things about Charlie Wilson as well, why help those animals? If the SU had wiped them out as they could have, maybe the world would be a better place - and don't get me started on those poppy fields.

Afghanistan is way beyond salvation. IMO they are not worth any more loss of real human beings.    

Whoa  :O
While I agree that we shouldn't help anyone that doesn't want to be helped, they're still human beings.
They might be bad human beings, but they're humans nonetheless.  (Side note:  De-humanization is one of the classical pre-requisites for genocide)

I do agree with you that we should've let the CCCP do what it wanted to in the 80s
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:48:47 PM by Pharmacology »

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
So based on the behavior of one individual you are condemning the whole country, right?

I'd hate to ask how you stand on issues related to any of the items in the Bill of Rights.  Even as a European.

While I'm still not sure we (NATO/whatever coalition) should be in Afghanistan, Lybia, Iraq, the Congo, Vietnam or anywhere else we've been since roughly the end of active hostilities in Korea, I'm not willing to base myviewpoint on the behavior of one person.

However, I am willing to base my opinion of someone on the fact that they condemn an entire country based on the behavior of one individual.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Lee

• friend
I'm not a "Paulite", but I agree with him on this.  Particularly this, " It's particularly ironic that so many conservatives in America, who normally adopt an "America first" position, cannot see the obvious harm that results from our being dragged time and time again into an intractable and endless Middle East war. The empty justification is always that America is the global superpower, and thus has no choice but to police the world."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul28.html
Were the Founding Fathers Wrong about Foreign Affairs?

by Congressman Ron Paul, MD

Last week I appeared on a national television news show to discuss recent events in the Middle East. During the show I merely suggested that there are two sides to the dispute, and that the focus of American foreign policy should be the best interests of America — not Palestine or Israel. I argued that American interests are best served by not taking either side in this ancient and deadly conflict, as Washington and Jefferson counseled when they warned against entangling alliances. I argued against our crazy policy of giving hundred of billions of dollars in unconstitutional foreign aid and military weapons to both sides, which only intensifies the conflict and never buys peace. My point was simple: we should follow the Constitution and stay out of foreign wars.

I was immediately attacked for offering such heresy. We've reached the point where virtually everyone in Congress, the administration, and the media blindly accepts that America must become involved (financially and militarily) in every conflict around the globe. To even suggest otherwise in today's political climate is to be accused of "aiding terrorists." It's particularly ironic that so many conservatives in America, who normally adopt an "America first" position, cannot see the obvious harm that results from our being dragged time and time again into an intractable and endless Middle East war. The empty justification is always that America is the global superpower, and thus has no choice but to police the world.

The Founding Fathers saw it otherwise. Jefferson summed up the noninterventionist foreign policy position perfectly in his 1801 inaugural address: "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations — entangling alliances with none." How many times have we all heard these wise words without taking them to heart? How many champion Jefferson and the Constitution, but conveniently ignore both when it comes to American foreign policy? Washington similarly urged that the US must "Act for ourselves and not for others," by forming an "American character wholly free of foreign attachments." Since so many on Capitol Hill apparently now believe Washington was wrong, they should at least have the intellectual honesty to admit it next time his name is being celebrated.

In fact, when I mentioned Washington the other guest on the show quickly repeated the tired cliche that "We don't live in George Washington's times." Yet if we accept this argument, what other principles from that era should we discard? Should we give up the First amendment because times have changed? How about the rest of the Bill of Rights? It's hypocritical and childish to dismiss certain founding principles simply because a convenient rationale is needed to justify foolishpolicies today. The principles enshrined in the Constitution do not change. If anything, today's more complex world cries out for the moral clarity provided by a noninterventionist foreign policy.

It's easy to dismiss the noninterventionist view as the quaint aspiration of men who lived in a less complicated world, but it's not so easy to demonstrate how our current policies serve any national interest at all. Perhaps an honest examination of the history of American interventionism in the 20th century, from Korea to Vietnam to Kosovo to the Middle East, would reveal that the Founding Fathers foresaw more than we think.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
We fell for one of the Classic Blunders :(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MicroBalrog

• friend
We fell for one of the Classic Blunders :(

I recall many successful and victorious land wars in Asia.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

mtnbkr

• friend
I still maintain that that they (and Iraqis) are not worth the lives and treasure of the American people.  This is especially true as our money becomes worth less and less.

Chris

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa

Yeah, where else are the Asians going to fight land wars  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

Yeah, where else are the Asians going to fight land wars  ???

Perzactly.

Asia places a premium on quantity of men & material, while the West's strength generally lies in quality.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

stevelyn

• friend

to any kind of western civilization. They are not worth any foreign presence on their soil  at all in my opinion. Leave them the hell alone and good luck on your way to the dark ages. Makes me want to say bad things about Charlie Wilson as well, why help those animals? If the SU had wiped them out as they could have, maybe the world would be a better place - and don't get me started on those poppy fields.

I agree. We nor anyone else is ever going to civilize those animals. We should have given Afghanistan a 10,000 year half-life long ago and been done with it.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Afghan pilot kills eight US troops and one contractor at Kabul airport
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 04:28:34 AM »
I agree. We nor anyone else is ever going to civilize those animals.

Please elaborate what do you plan to do with those Afghanis genuinely fighting on our side.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 08:34:51 AM »
Let them continue to fight, on their own
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 09:53:41 AM »
Let them continue to fight, on their own

Duh, winning!

I'm moving this over to politics. 

The fail of US foriegn policy has been staying involved in places we shouldn't stay.  Yes, Al Queida attacked us from Afghanistan, with the help and support of the Taliban government.  We have the firepower to decimate a modern army into submission if we need to.  Carpet bombing, taliban leader's heads on stakes, in and out in a month or two.  Nation building has gotten us foreverwar in a far off land where half the people hate us, the other half tolerate us to get their way over the people who hate us.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 10:08:40 AM »
The fail of US foriegn policy has been staying involved in places we shouldn't stay.  Yes, Al Queida attacked us from Afghanistan, with the help and support of the Taliban government.  We have the firepower to decimate a modern army into submission if we need to.  Carpet bombing, taliban leader's heads on stakes, in and out in a month or two.  Nation building has gotten us foreverwar in a far off land where half the people hate us, the other half tolerate us to get their way over the people who hate us.

Worth repeating.

Chris

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 10:36:31 AM »
My question is how many are we importing into America as "refugees?"  Is that not the inevitable next step?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 11:06:24 AM »
I'm sure that there are a lot of good people in Afghanistan.  I have no idea why they would be unhappy about our beneficient military occupation of their homeland  ???

After all, we are the good guys.  Maybe we should show them our CCW badge...

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »
My question is how many are we importing into America as "refugees?"  Is that not the inevitable next step?

Nope we are importing them as taxi drivers because we don't like having American drivers that know the way and speak the language and also know how to drive.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 05:09:51 PM »
While I wouldn't have put it as eloquently as some, I basically agree we should have simply bombed the crud out of them & hung Osama & pals-& be done.

It seems as if the rino's and demicans republicrats read 1984 as a text book not a warning.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

De Selby

• friend
I'm sure that there are a lot of good people in Afghanistan.  I have no idea why they would be unhappy about our beneficient military occupation of their homeland  ???

After all, we are the good guys.  Maybe we should show them our CCW badge...

You're not allowed to question whether our presence there is legitimate.  I've learned from previous discussions on Afghanistan that you must presuppose the good, then look at the details.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

stevelyn

• friend
Please elaborate what do you plan to do with those Afghanis genuinely fighting on our side.

We make sure they're safely evacuated from the target before we make it glow in the dark, dump a shitload of small arms and ammo on them as a going away present and say "bye".
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

mtnbkr

• friend
You're not allowed to question whether our presence there is legitimate.  I've learned from previous discussions on Afghanistan that you must presuppose the good, then look at the details.

Nah, Bush isn't in office anymore, it's OK to criticize our presence there. ;)

Chris

longeyes

• friend
Surviving as a global superpower and representing God's Right Hand on Earth is going to be a tough act to play.  Global empires aren't known for their morality, they're known for hegemony at whatever cost.  America has become too civilized to fully embrace ruthlessness.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
 Global empires aren't known for their morality, they're known for hegemony at whatever cost.  

Please read Pakenham's "The Scramble for Africa". Morality and ideology played a huge role in the British Empire's expansion.

De Selby

• friend
Surviving as a global superpower and representing God's Right Hand on Earth is going to be a tough act to play.  Global empires aren't known for their morality, they're known for hegemony at whatever cost.  America has become too civilized to fully embrace ruthlessness.

Uh, if we're not spreading civilization and justice, what legitimacy is there to be on any piece of dirt that isn't owned by America?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Blakenzy

• friend
Morality and ideology played a huge role in the British Empire's expansion.

aka, self-righteousness and greed.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"