Author Topic: Afghan pilot kills eight US troops and one contractor at Kabul airport  (Read 8872 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
aka, self-righteousness and greed.

Do go on. Tell me what greed David Livingstone was motivated by.

Note that I did not say that morality and ideology played the ONLY role.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Blakenzy

• friend
Livingstone was obsessed with discovering the Nile's source and gaining fame as an explorer.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MicroBalrog

• friend
Livingstone was obsessed with discovering the Nile's source and gaining fame as an explorer.

And ending slavery.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
you question mainfest destiny?  how dare you! :facepalm: >:D
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
you question mainfest destiny?  how dare you! :facepalm: >:D

Amazing, how people mistake the view that morality and ideology were a component in something, for the view that something was wholly and completely good.