Author Topic: North Korea #2 (Updated & merged - they did it again!)  (Read 9008 times)

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
North Korea #2 (Updated & merged - they did it again!)
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:24:45 PM »
Now?

From Boston.com:

BREAKING NEWS: Japan says it believes North Korea has conducted a second nuclear test this evening, but South Korean officials say seismic monitors did not detect any tremors that could indicate a second test.  --Developing
One day at a time.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
North Korea #2?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:45:51 PM »
someone needs to "pinch" Kim Jong-il

an EMP detonation over Pyongyang would do the trick
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
North Korea #2?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 11:48:11 AM »
Quote from: Harold Tuttle
someone needs to "pinch" Kim Jong-il

an EMP detonation over Pyongyang would do the trick
Other than Kim Jong Il's garage door opener, Bose Wave radio, and "magic fingers" bed, what electronic equipment is there to knock out with EMP?
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

North Korea #2?
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 02:01:55 PM »
They dont have the capacity to build a large inventory of nukes, the more they test the less they have. I hope they keep it up.

Other than Kim Jong Il's garage door opener, Bose Wave radio, and "magic fingers" bed, what electronic equipment is there to knock out with EMP?
Well it would provide North Korea with an excellent, and internationally justified, excuse to lob a few nasty suprises at Japan and South Korea, even the Chinese wouldnt stand in the way of a justified response to a nuclear attack perpetrated by the United States.  I guess that it's a great idea if you want to mildly inconvenience 1% of the North Korean populace and start a nuclear exchange in Asia.

Silver Bullet

• friend
North Korea #2?
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 09:33:23 PM »
I'm hoping it knocks out all "news" emanating from NK.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
North Korea #2?
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 10:22:25 AM »
how about we just take the nuke out of one of our missles, and lob it over there into his front yard and rig it to pop up a little boom flag after it hits loony toons style

He likes American cartoons dont he?  Maybe that'll get the message across.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
North Korea #2?
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 07:45:10 AM »
Actually it appears as if they were both "North Korea #0"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_nkorea;_ylt=AjaA9rfj1fbBchbFxd_wnx2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Gee, if Kim Jong Il can lie about conducting a nuclear test, is it possible Saddam lied about having WMD?
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: North Korea #2?
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 10:24:23 PM »
And it appears they lit the fuse on another one.

Hear that? That's the sound of TDY, my fine WC-135 Constant Phoenix successors! 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:47:28 PM »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 10:50:50 PM »

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 01:07:43 AM »
Now I'm reading 6-7Kt being bandied about as the likely yield.

I think even if they managed to stack up that much conventional explosives, or try to fake it with LOX and LNG or some sort of other crazy fakery, I'd imagine that the seismograph waveform would look different. So I guess it wasn't a "fizzle" this time, and they got some significant fission.
I promise not to duck.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 08:40:12 AM »
Yup.  No faking the double-humped seismic waveform of the real thing.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 08:59:42 AM »
Holy Thread Neuromancy, Gewehr98.  :lol:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 09:20:27 AM »
Guilty as charged.   ;)

I did it to show how soon after NorKaboom #2 they were able to test.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 09:50:07 AM »
We need to smuggle every nork civilian a sack of rice, an internet capable I-phone and a gun. Set up cell towers to get them coverage. Problem ought to sort itself out, might be a bit noisy.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 09:53:30 AM »
Everyone, everyone!  Look!  The Norks have da bomb, or close to it.  Quit paying attention to that guy in LA making LAPD look incompetent!

Aren't you afraid of the Norks?  They're scary!  See?  You need gubmint.  You need us!  Pay no attention to the drones in the sky, to the $16 trillion debt, to the Fed Reserve default on German gold, to the Marine honor guard marching in the presidential inauguration parade without bolts in their Garands.

Look!  Norks!  Scary.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »
I'm pretty sure the norks are doing the look at me dance rather than our minders in big mediagov. And I'm capable of watching more than one thing at a time. Chances are a crazy dictator with a glowy bomb can cause more trouble in the world than a loser freezing in the woods with an AR-15 or some non-working drill rifles. The debt, doesn't really matter of you watch it or not. It won't be fixed, and when it blows up no amount of distraction will quiet the late to the party outraged.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 09:58:46 AM »
Everyone, everyone!  Look!  The Norks have da bomb, or close to it.  Quit paying attention to that guy in LA making LAPD look incompetent!

Aren't you afraid of the Norks?  They're scary!  See?  You need gubmint.  You need us!  Pay no attention to the drones in the sky, to the $16 trillion debt, to the Fed Reserve default on German gold, to the Marine honor guard marching in the presidential inauguration parade without bolts in their Garands.

Look!  Norks!  Scary.

Well, I'm not on the Left Coast, so I'm not all that personally frightened of the nuke itself.

However, I seriously doubt the LAPD and the US Government called up Kim Il Jong El Whatevertheheckhisnameis and said "Hey, we need to distract the people. We need you to go ahead and test a nuke, or shoot a missile over Japan again? Greeeaaaaaat."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
Nah, LAPD didn't do it.

Wouldn't surprise me if the State Dept has backchannels to encourage things like this from time to time, though, to manufacture headlines and redirect them from uncomfortable ones.

Nothing spawns government popularity like fear and war.

Government is decidedly unpopular right now, with the protests against an AWB going on all over the place, and financial shenanigans, and a cult anti-hero evading Agents of the State.  Having the Norks glass over a subterranean cave to create some good old fashioned fear and dependency is not out of the realm of possibility of the people in the halls of power.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

birdman

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
Well, I'm not on the Left Coast, so I'm not all that personally frightened of the nuke itself.

However, I seriously doubt the LAPD and the US Government called up Kim Il Jong El Whatevertheheckhisnameis and said "Hey, we need to distract the people. We need you to go ahead and test a nuke, or shoot a missile over Japan again? Greeeaaaaaat."

Not just left coast anymore btw.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »
how about we just take the nuke out of one of our missles, and lob it over there into his front yard and rig it to pop up a little boom flag after it hits loony toons style

He likes American cartoons dont he?  Maybe that'll get the message across.

A dummy warhead landing in a front yard would likely take out the neighboring building.

Remember, its a "rod from god".  Not enough to autoclave a planet, but still some significant energy.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »
A dummy warhead landing in a front yard would likely take out the neighboring building.

Remember, its a "rod from god".  Not enough to autoclave a planet, but still some significant energy.

Get Nerf to manuf the warhead.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 10:33:18 AM »
Nah, LAPD didn't do it.

Wouldn't surprise me if the State Dept has backchannels to encourage things like this from time to time, though, to manufacture headlines and redirect them from uncomfortable ones.

Nothing spawns government popularity like fear and war.

Government is decidedly unpopular right now, with the protests against an AWB going on all over the place, and financial shenanigans, and a cult anti-hero evading Agents of the State.  Having the Norks glass over a subterranean cave to create some good old fashioned fear and dependency is not out of the realm of possibility of the people in the halls of power.

So do you sleep at night or are you worried that the crickets outside chiping are really state department drones listening to your thoughts?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »
So do you sleep at night or are you worried that the crickets outside chiping are really state department drones listening to your thoughts?

I've trained my dog to hunt crickets. [tinfoil]

=D
--Lysander Spooner

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 12:13:33 PM »
the crickets outside chiping are really state department drones listening to your thoughts?
They ARE!!@??  :O  [tinfoil]
Avoid cliches like the plague!