Author Topic: Budweiser introduces projectile vomiting in a can  (Read 12463 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Budweiser introduces projectile vomiting in a can
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 12:25:41 PM »
Two bottles of Lambic beer and my head is buzzing.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »
I'm gonna try that one Manedwolf, I'm sure the specialty store where I got my Mead has it.  grin

Mead comes from a store?!?!  I get mine from the basement grin

I used to homebrew a long time ago, when I had few bills and lots of spare time.  I may or may not have been under age.  grin
I'll go to great lengths to find truly good brews, so if you've got some of that mead to "give away" (you're a homebrewer so you know why I said that) I'd gladly "take some for free".  I live in Redford and pass through your town on my way up north frequently.

Oh, and try Third Coast Old Ale.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2008, 12:35:26 PM »
Budweiser has been projectiole vomiting in a can since it was made.  This is just taking it up a notch.

Since this has turned into a favorite non-crappy beer thread, anyone Michigan way should try Founder's Dirty Bastard.  Probably the best Scotch ale I have ever had.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008, 12:39:28 PM »
Budweiser has been projectiole vomiting in a can since it was made.  This is just taking it up a notch.

Since this has turned into a favorite non-crappy beer thread, anyone Michigan way should try Founder's Dirty Bastard.  Probably the best Scotch ale I have ever had.

Scotch ale is some potent s**t, in terms of flavor.  I'll add that to the list.

And I agree, Budweiser is carbonated urine at best.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »

I have and I agree that it is good!
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 12:52:22 PM »

Obviously you've never had Pearl Light or Milwaukee's Best.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 01:10:48 PM »

Brad

Never heard of Pearl but Milwaukee's "Best" is foul  sad

Ever notice that any beer that has "best" or "premium" on the can / bottle is just the opposite?

atomd

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »
There's also Dogfish Head Midas Touch, which is somewhere between a beer and mead or something. It's from an ancient Sumerian recipe. Trying to have several will put you on your ass pretty quick. Not sure what the alcohol content is, but it's over 15%, I know that.

Someone I know had two in a row, and discovered that their legs no longer functioned properly.  cheesy

Dogfish Head makes GREAT beer. Their 120 Minute IPA is around 21%ish which is up there. It tastes good too. Their old school barelywine is about 15% I think too. I think their old version of Worldwide stout was around 22-23%. They toned it down a few years back to around 18-19% though.They also recently had an imperial pilsner that I loved. Sam Adams makes one even stronger that's I think around 23-24% but it tastes more like a strange weak cognac than beer....and it doesn't taste that good overall anyways. I like to drink a lot of Imperial Stouts and other big beers that usually end up around the 10% range. Some of my other favorite breweries are Victory, Rogue, Allagash, and Stone. I've tried a few Bell's stuff that was good too but it's been a while and I can't get it here. I remember it being good though.

armchair warrior

• friends
  • QuickDraw on THR
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 03:40:15 PM »
Back in the day.......
I would have a "red beer".V8 and whatever was left over
from the night before.Nurse 1 or 2 and your back in shape
for a straight beer.Only recommended for a hangover. laugh

J.J.

• Just your average
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 07:14:24 PM »

Brad

Schlitz...... you left off schlitz

J.J.

• Just your average
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 07:15:19 PM »
Speaking of mead..  Can someone describe Mead to me...  I have been wanting to try it.. but leary of getting something i won't enjoy... like the last 2 bottles of wine....

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 08:05:46 PM »
Mead is dangerous stuff - made from fermented honey, it'll go down smooth, fast, and with little warning.  Think honey wine with 12.5% alcohol content. shocked

(I still have several bottles of Doomsday Mead from my last trip to merry old England...)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2008, 05:01:36 AM »
Speaking of mead..  Can someone describe Mead to me...  I have been wanting to try it.. but leary of getting something i won't enjoy... like the last 2 bottles of wine....

Honey wine, yes. Made from fermented honey. One of humanity's oldest alcoholic beverages.

It's really easy to make, and also really easy to make badly. Some local stuff I get (Piscassic Pond) is wonderful. Chaucer's, the mass-market brand, is harsh swill that I don't like at all.

If done well, it can be complex and subtle, with a fragrant nose and honey finish. If done badly, it's harsh like cheap sake, with a nose of rubbing alcohol.

Antibubba

• friend
Bob, tell Marketing they might need to stay late...
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2008, 06:22:28 AM »
Aroma is like concentrated Long Island Sound. Brine and spice with a distince dead sea creature nuance.

After taking a sip, I died a little inside.

I had a hard time just forcing my self to take the first sip. After the first sip, I could not force myself to take another sip. I had to pour the rest out, this was one of the worst beers that I have ever tried.

I saw this beer and had to try it becasue, it looked so bad. It was so bad that I had to buy a couple of can to take back for the friends to try.

I've never had the misfortune of drinking a glass of fish blood, but I expect this is what it tastes like.

Flavor is so bad I can scarsely describe it. Pain. Fear. Agony. This is what cancer tastes like.

I was instantly reminded of the smell of beer and pizza vomit and it took a couple of gags to get the first few sips down, but as my palate broke down and figured out a lot of competing flavors, I found myself compelled to drink more. Kinda like sniffing at a dead skunk I guess. I would buy more, but only to make other people unwittingly suffer.

cheesy cheesy
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

BridgeWalker

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2008, 06:20:44 PM »
It's really easy to make, and also really easy to make badly. Some local stuff I get (Piscassic Pond) is wonderful. Chaucer's, the mass-market brand, is harsh swill that I don't like at all.

If done well, it can be complex and subtle, with a fragrant nose and honey finish. If done badly, it's harsh like cheap sake, with a nose of rubbing alcohol.

Yeah, my last batch may be closer to the latter than the former.  I wanted to experiment to sulfide-free mead, but then I had a baby and a move and a lot of other stuff going on, and it oxidized a bit in the carboy.  It is not fabulous.  I would love to give ya some for free, but I fear you will be disappointed. 

crt360

• friend
Re: Bob, tell Marketing they might need to stay late...
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2008, 03:46:23 PM »

I saw this beer and had to try it becasue, it looked so bad. It was so bad that I had to buy a couple of can to take back for the friends to try.

I was instantly reminded of the smell of beer and pizza vomit and it took a couple of gags to get the first few sips down, but as my palate broke down and figured out a lot of competing flavors, I found myself compelled to drink more. Kinda like sniffing at a dead skunk I guess. I would buy more, but only to make other people unwittingly suffer.

cheesy cheesy

I like those responses.  The stuff has a prominent location in my local store, so I guess someone is buying it.  I have yet to try it.  I've eaten clams.  No problem.  Tomato juice.  It's alright.  Budweiser.  Not my favorite, but far from the worst beer around.  Clam juice.  Clam juice?  WTF is that?  Did they just squeeze a variety of animals until juice came out, taste it, and determine what came from the clam to be superior?
For entertainment purposes only.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2008, 03:50:46 PM »
You buncha wuss pansies.

Brad
Isn't that like a double negative?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

atomd

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2008, 04:24:13 PM »
What's also good to make is Cyser. It's apple honey wine. I've made some good batches of that with some spices in it like raisins, cinnamon and clove for the holidays. Dangerous stuff though. I prefer the dryer meads myself but the sweet ones are good sometimes too. Stay away from that Chaucers crap like Manedwolf said. Some of the other ones are bad too. Make sure you read the label because some stuff that says mead on the bottle isn't even really mead.

Don't go out and buy a bunch of honey (it usually costs quite a bit) thinking you're going to make some great stuff. It's easy to make but make sure you read up on it a bit before trying. It costs a bit to make and you need to let it age a while so if it's not good to drink you might be really let down. At the minimum you'll need a hydrometer, sanitizer, carboy w/ air lock (2 of those is better than one), the right kind of yeast (personal preference) and a place to ferment it with a stable temperature in the right zone. Some recipes say to boil it but I wouldn't because you'll lose a lot of the flavor. You can heat it up to 170 for a while to kill the nasties in it. I've made it without even heating it at all before and had no problems. Then you need bottles and a capper or some other way to store it and all that small misc crap to rack it from one carboy to another and blah blah.

Once I kegged some mead. That was interesting having a 5 gallon keg of that around.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2008, 05:30:31 PM »
You buncha wuss pansies.

Brad
Isn't that like a double negative?

Two negatives make a postive.  Algebra thing.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2008, 06:41:59 PM »
So they're positively wusses AND pansies?  cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2008, 06:52:20 PM »
Schludwiller.   Anyone remember that one?

Clam juice.  Clam juice?  WTF is that?  Did they just squeeze a variety of animals until juice came out, taste it, and determine what came from the clam to be superior? 

Clam Nectar is popular among some folks in this neck of the woods.  It's the liquid left over from making a batch steamer clams.  A lot of people drink it after eating the steamers.  I do.
The clam juice in the bottle I've seen in the store looks like clam nectar.  Don't know what it tastes like as I've never tried it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2008, 01:57:41 AM »

Brad

...and Keystone.....

....but you're right about Budweiser. And Miller.  And Coors, too. 

I like Blue Moon Belgan Pale Ale, myself.....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2008, 04:51:21 AM »

Brad

...and Keystone.....

Blue Moon is Coors.

Seriously. It's their product, under a hidden name. Google it.

That's the new thing, the big beer-in-steel-vats companies making fake microbrews in steel vats and using deceptive labeling.

I buy local. Smuttynose, Red Hook, etc, or craft breweries that are unquestionably that.  Or a growler right from Martha's Exchange near work.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2008, 05:24:14 AM »
Clam juice.  Clam juice?  WTF is that?  Did they just squeeze a variety of animals until juice came out, taste it, and determine what came from the clam to be superior?

What else do you do on a Friday night?  Did that past-time suddenly become unpopular?  Huh?  Sippin' on some badger juice right now.  Sorry, Tejon. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2008, 06:34:29 AM »

Brad

...and Keystone.....

Blue Moon is Coors.

Seriously. It's their product, under a hidden name. Google it.

That's the new thing, the big beer-in-steel-vats companies making fake microbrews in steel vats and using deceptive labeling.

I buy local. Smuttynose, Red Hook, etc, or craft breweries that are unquestionably that.  Or a growler right from Martha's Exchange near work.

AAAkkkkkk......spit...spit....pftttttt......I'm going to burn my tongue now......

Back to Sam Adams for me......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.