Author Topic: What is with styles?  (Read 12496 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: What is with styles?
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »
My pony has a long tail  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2013, 01:40:48 PM »
I'm still waiting for my ponytail to come back in style.

Me too. If it does, I'm gonna have to find a way of attaching it too my head, though. My wife keeps it in a suitcase somewhere...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2013, 09:15:57 PM »
I gave up trying to figure out fashion AGES ago... roughly in jr high. Instead, I just wore what I thought was cool. And still do... including the kilt
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2013, 12:09:55 AM »
I gave up trying to figure out fashion AGES ago... roughly in jr high. Instead, I just wore what I thought was cool. And still do... including the kilt
I'd say "wearing what you think is cool" is a pretty succinct definition of fashion.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2013, 12:49:06 AM »
I'm still waiting for my ponytail to come back in style.

I work at a university and there is a lot of male students with pony tails.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2013, 07:54:40 PM »
>I'd say "wearing what you think is cool" is a pretty succinct definition of fashion.<

"Fashion" generally refers to what society (or a given subculture) say is "correct"

I ignore that entirely
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2013, 08:18:31 PM »
"Fashion" generally refers to what society (or a given subculture) say is "correct"

I ignore that entirely
Where do you think you got your idea of "cool"?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2013, 09:47:33 PM »
Pony tail shmony tail.

Just go with a rat tail and call it good
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2013, 03:45:35 PM »
Some of todays fads will provide hours of amusement 20-30 years from now.  Like, guess what the tattoo used to be a picture of before she gained 100 pounds and got all wrinkled. And when the guys with the giant gauges in their ears get old and saggy, their lobes will be flopping around getting caught in elevator doors and whatnot. =D

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2013, 03:53:18 PM »
Some of todays fads will provide hours of amusement 20-30 years from now.  Like, guess what the tattoo used to be a picture of before she gained 100 pounds and got all wrinkled. And when the guys with the giant gauges in their ears get old and saggy, their lobes will be flopping around getting caught in elevator doors and whatnot. =D

No, they'll just use them to hold their ponytail.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2013, 03:56:23 PM »
No, they'll just use them to hold their ponytail.

Bedlimite, I really really hate you right now.

That is so *expletive deleted*ing gross. [barf]
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2013, 04:22:09 PM »
Bedlimite, I really really hate you right now.

That is so *expletive deleted* gross. [barf]
Why you gotta be so judgmental?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2013, 04:23:47 PM »
Why you gotta be so judgmental?

Blame my touchy guts.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 10:56:12 PM »
I'm with Dick where tats are concerned.  I can always deny/hide my prom pictures from 1972.  Velour tuxedo jackets, I poopest thee not.  Tattoos otoh, are a permanent subscription to a temporary fad.  I know tattoos have been around since before recorded history.  So has syphillus.

I don't know 5 people my age with tattoos.  I don't know 5 people under thirty without 'em.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 11:15:25 PM »
I don't know 5 people my age with tattoos.  I don't know 5 people under thirty without 'em.

I'm 51 and I know quite a few people my age that have tattoos, I've got 3 that I can show in public.

Sometimes it's the demographic you hang around with, not counting kids and neices and nephews I'm not sure I know 5 people under 30 that I associate with.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2013, 12:03:39 AM »
Tattoos otoh, are a permanent subscription to a temporary fad.  I know tattoos have been around since before recorded history.

I don't think temporary fad mean what you think it means.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2013, 07:33:01 AM »
Sometimes it's the demographic you hang around with, not counting kids and neices and nephews I'm not sure I know 5 people under 30 that I associate with.

There are people under 30 ???   Who knew?  :facepalm:

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2013, 07:41:43 AM »
Y'all just keep talking about the passing fad of fashion...and I'll keep wearing an onion on my belt....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2013, 08:38:46 AM »
Y'all just keep talking about the passing fad of fashion...and I'll keep wearing an onion on my belt....

It was the style at the time.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2013, 08:40:13 AM »

Give me five bees for a quarter.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2013, 10:11:03 AM »
Give me five bees for a quarter.

Uh, can you explain that?

cordex

• Administrator