Main Forums > The Roundtable

Gun Show Owner, Patrons May File Civil Rights Suit (CNSnews.com)

(1/3) > >>

DrAmazon:
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=\Nation\archive\200509\NAT20050912a.html

The Rabbi:
Hard to know what to make of it.
Personally if I were a dealer I would want the ATF all over gun shows.  Too many guys with tables there are actually dealers without the FFL.  It is one thing to buy and sell in your own collection but at least some people are making a living off of it.  Those are the ones who need some jail time.

cordex:

--- Quote ---It is one thing to buy and sell in your own collection but at least some people are making a living off of it.  Those are the ones who need some jail time.Why?

The Rabbi:
Because it's illegal.
Now, if you want to argue that people shouldn't need a license to buy and sell guns you wont get an argument from me.  But presently it is illegal to do so and the folks with an FFL are trying to play by the rules and those without aren't.  It is a fairness issue.

cordex:
Rabbi,
It may just be me, but where there are many crimes, I think the lion's share of the attention, manpower and funding for enforcement should be concentrated on the most harmful of the crimes.

Paperwork violations and selling without a license are among the least harmful of gun crimes.  I'd prefer (whichever side of the gun shop counter I stand on) that the ATF concentrate on guns used in violent crimes rather than wasting manpower on finding out who sold an arbitrary "too many" guns or who forgot to dot their i's and cross their t's on some paperwork.

But that's just me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version