Author Topic: Don't Vote in North Dakota if You Hunt  (Read 1297 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Don't Vote in North Dakota if You Hunt
« on: November 02, 2018, 12:17:19 PM »
I've been hearing this for a few days. I'm not sure if the dem party there had NYC consultants think this up or what. It seems to me most people who hunt (and I assume the number in ND is high) know the difference between resident and non-resident licenses for in and out of state hunting. Seems like this would have the opposite of the intended affect on hunters.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/north-dakota-democratic-party-discourages-hunts-from-voting-claims-they-could-lose-out-of-state-licenses
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
Re: Don't Vote in North Dakota if You Hunt
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 01:47:39 PM »
Right up there with Democrats all vote on wednesday now.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 04:32:51 PM »
Wouldn't the same logic apply to anyone who held any out of state licenses?  Like attorneys licensed in other states? Or MDs?  Or...
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »
Wouldn't the same logic apply to anyone who held any out of state licenses?  Like attorneys licensed in other states? Or MDs?  Or...

Yes.  But I think hunters were targeted because they own guns, which tend to pull people towards the right.

The only hunters that would be affected by this would be ones with a *resident* license in another state who tried to vote in ND.
"It's good, though..."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 05:16:50 PM »
Right up there with Democrats all vote on wednesday now.

A minor difference is that this was an actual ad put out the Democrat party.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 05:40:44 PM »

Yes.  Probably illegal, but that doesn't matter to D's because they never get prosecuted.  Everyone knows voter suppression is an R thing.
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 07:31:20 PM »
Yes.  But I think hunters were targeted because they own guns, which tend to pull people towards the right.

The only hunters that would be affected by this would be ones with a *resident* license in another state who tried to vote in ND.

I got that part of it, all right.  I was trying to point out that other groups should be bitching about this, too.  The whole thing doesn't make sense, but I was relying on this tidbit re my question.

"And if you are a resident of North Dakota, you may lose hunting licenses you have in other states,” the website said.

Lots of people hold residency in more than one state.  (Actually, my biggest concern is students who live in one state for school, but whose home is actually elsewhere.  They therefore have at least the  opportunity to vote twice, with an absentee ballot for one locale.  I have no doubt that some do this.)

But  yes, that whole thing is a sleazy bit of electioneering.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 09:21:07 PM »

Dude, seriously? We had a nice little moral equivalence thing going on there.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 09:26:57 PM »

I was going for stupid trope,  tongue in cheek.

That being said ,if all the Dems decided to take advantage of the extra day of voting on Wednesday, I'd have no issue with it.  :cool:
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.