Author Topic: Representing yourself when you sue the State/City is a bad idea ....  (Read 767 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
or, You Might Want to Know What You are Doing Before You Go Off Complaining Your Rights Were Violated.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/rlc/docs/2010/us-stranded.pdf

Short story is the guy's Arizona driver's license was suspended by Ohio because they did not record him paying a traffic ticket 2 years ago, and the cops left him in a "bad neighborhood" on a bum foot.

It's a comedy of errors, along with some real questions of whether or not the actions of the cops were the most sensible, although it appears [emphasis added] that their actions were all legal.

At least he gets to amend his petition and see if he can sucessfully sue someone under the right legal theories.  [popcorn]

Why am I posting this?  Because I want to see how you clowns respond to this as opposed to how you responded to the WBC thread.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Representing yourself when you sue the State/City is a bad idea ....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:39:23 PM »
And the parallels are? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 10:45:47 PM »
Similar thing happened in my town a few years ago.
Cops pick up walking drunk haul to station and harass for public drunkenness.
They proceed to drop him of back at the same spot an hour latter. After citing him of course.
Drunk gets turfed by car as continued to walk home. (would have been to difficult to drop him of at home I guess)
Town settles for undisclosed amount of money.

At least he had the money to pay for the public drunkenness ticket. 
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 10:58:34 PM »
I once saw some cops drop off a drunk at a bus station.  As soon as he stepped out of the car, he tripped, and his glasses cut him real good under his eye.  The cops just left, and we had to call an ambulance to come get him.   ;/

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 08:16:08 AM »
And the parallels are? 

Essentially, that both parties feelings were hurt.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 01:54:19 PM »
Fail.