Author Topic: Ultra-refined, high grade stupid of the Felony variety  (Read 3932 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Ultra-refined, high grade stupid of the Felony variety
« on: April 23, 2012, 11:40:36 AM »
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=20091241

Two Utah men (age 19 and 21) admit to placing booby traps along a hiking trail.

No, not protecting drug crops or a meth lab. They claim they set them up for animals.

I realize these are young, stupid men. But the amount of planning and work that would be necessary to make said traps SHOULD have given them time to consider the monumental stupidity they were committing (in addition to possible murder charges.)

Thankfully no one was hurt, but this is literally felony grade stupid. (Even though they only got a misdemeanor so far...)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Ultra-refined, high grade stupid of the Felony variety
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=20091241

Two Utah men (age 19 and 21) admit to placing booby traps along a hiking trail.

No, not protecting drug crops or a meth lab. They claim they set them up for animals.

I realize these are young, stupid men. But the amount of planning and work that would be necessary to make said traps SHOULD have given them time to consider the monumental stupidity they were committing (in addition to possible murder charges.)

Thankfully no one was hurt, but this is literally felony grade stupid. (Even though they only got a misdemeanor so far...)

Is it just me, but did it look like there was feceson the end of those punji sticks at 0:40 in the video?  :P
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 03:16:36 PM »
Is it just me, but did it look like there was feceson the end of those punji sticks at 0:40 in the video?  :P

Hey, if it's worth doing...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »
Poachers usually will use wire snares, which people can see & identify pretty readily. But from the picture and the description, these were mantraps, designed and situated to harm random people:mad:

Most places prohibit mantraps (or "mechanisms") designed to hurt/kill people even on private property . . . but setting stuff like this on public trails . . .  :facepalm:

I hope the legal system comes down heavily on these bums.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 04:49:02 PM »
First, my mini-rant:  That's not a "shelter" it's a freaking corral.  Thank you.  It feels good to get that out of my system.

The rock with sharp sticks would probably leave quite a mark, but it does not appear to have enough momentum to be fatal.

There was not enough of a picture to convince me that those "pungi stakes" would really do a number on someone who fell flat on them.  Not because they are not sharpened on the end, but because they a) look to be rather shallowly planted, thus more likely to pop out than stay and drive through, and b) they look as if they will bend if they do not actually pop out of the ground.

Conclusion?  Freaking rank amateurs not only commit felony stupidity bordering on capital stupidity, but probably screwed up in constructing a shelter, setting traps that will be lethal, and somehow conecting themselves via social media to the whole thing.

It's like they need to be taken out of circulation for their own protection.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 05:21:16 PM »
First, my mini-rant:  That's not a "shelter" it's a freaking corral.  Thank you.  It feels good to get that out of my system.

The rock with sharp sticks would probably leave quite a mark, but it does not appear to have enough momentum to be fatal.

There was not enough of a picture to convince me that those "pungi stakes" would really do a number on someone who fell flat on them.  Not because they are not sharpened on the end, but because they a) look to be rather shallowly planted, thus more likely to pop out than stay and drive through, and b) they look as if they will bend if they do not actually pop out of the ground.

Conclusion?  Freaking rank amateurs not only commit felony stupidity bordering on capital stupidity, but probably screwed up in constructing a shelter, setting traps that will be lethal, and somehow conecting themselves via social media to the whole thing.

It's like they need to be taken out of circulation for their own protection.

stay safe.

The "shelter" has been constructed/maintained over time by the various hikers in the park. From the video, it appears to be a circular wind-break around a fire pit. They didn't make it, they took the existing structure and booby-trapped it for anyone intending to go inside.

IMO, the psychology of the thing is such that an adult would peek over the edge of the branches and woven brush, and say, "Oh, fire pit... Still want to make 10 miles today.." and keep on hiking.

It would be a child who'd run inside there willy-nilly to explore IMO.  :mad:
I promise not to duck.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 07:21:59 PM »
Got another idjit for your files.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/virginia-teacher-arrested-allegedly-firing-blanks-students-164758793.html

Dumbass teacher takes out a blank firing gun and starts shooting at his students.

l
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:28 AM »
Got another idjit for your files.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/virginia-teacher-arrested-allegedly-firing-blanks-students-164758793.html

Dumbass teacher takes out a blank firing gun and starts shooting at his students.

l

Yeah.  The gun boards have been full of his escapade.  Comments range from "not positive" to *expletive deleted* goon.  But nobody is asking why the other teacher had the gun at school in the first place.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 04:58:19 AM »
Yeah.  The gun boards have been full of his escapade.  Comments range from "not positive" to *expletive deleted* goon.  But nobody is asking why the other teacher had the gun at school in the first place.

stay safe.

The article I read on Yahoo stated that he got it from another school department. If it was the starting pistol it looked like in the picture, I would guess it came from the athletic department.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »
http://www.640whlo.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=121738&article=10073436

Today's installment of felony grade stupid.

A couple kidnapped a two year old because their mother hadn't paid them back $15.

The first article made me angry because of stupidly risking random stranger's lives (or, at least, welfare.) This one... I simply cannot grasp the decision making process that leads to snatching a 2 year old over a $15 debt...

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 12:01:19 PM »
http://www.640whlo.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=121738&article=10073436

A couple kidnapped a two year old because their mother hadn't paid them back $15.

The first article made me angry because of stupidly risking random stranger's lives (or, at least, welfare.) This one... I simply cannot grasp the decision making process that leads to snatching a 2 year old over a $15 debt...

I suspect it may have to do with how much of Drug X $15 will buy...
I promise not to duck.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 01:44:13 PM »

you think there is a decision making process?  silly young man
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »
Ear gauges on the long haired kid...

They were prolly high and set up "Predator" traps to Protect them from the werewolves
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »
The dumbasses keep coming out of the woodwork!

Now you've got people drinking HAND SANATIZER to get drunk. That stupid should be legal grounds for severe beatings.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/teens-turn-hand-sanitizer-drunk-183000750.html
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »

Now you've got people drinking HAND SANATIZER to get drunk. That stupid should be legal grounds for severe beatings.

It's a shame so many people went blind and/or lost kidney function due to methyl and isopropol alcohol that they have gone to using ethyl in stuff like sanitizers.  Those old-time alkys on the street were always a good warning not to squeeze Sterno through bread, and other ways to make it "safe" to get high.  Heck, you can't even get blue gums using a car radiator as the condenser coil any more, since they took the lead out of solder.

Kids nowadays have no role models.

stay safe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 02:09:27 PM »
That, to me, is simply evil, not stupidity.

I did not see the stupidity being on the part of the mother, but split relatively equally between the agency, the rent-a-cops and the employee who was "monitoring" the visit, with the leftovers going to the AFSCME president for her comments and the thought patterns that allowed them to come out of her mouth.

stay safe.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 02:14:43 PM »
I did not see the stupidity being on the part of the mother, but split relatively equally between the agency, the rent-a-cops and the employee who was "monitoring" the visit, with the leftovers going to the AFSCME president for her comments and the thought patterns that allowed them to come out of her mouth.

stay safe.

That I can agree with. Although it SHOULD be criminal, I doubt their stupidity will be punished, though.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 02:20:32 PM »

Meh, old news, atleast over here. All the companies that you can rent the necessary stuff needed for a festival, like fences, porta-pottys and so on quit using the stuff in them, because the teens who had no one to buy beer for them and the cheap-*expletive deleted* crusties would steal it and drink it, either straight or mixed with soda...

As for the two ass-clowns who set those traps...they need a good beating, to start with.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila