Author Topic: Jokie  (Read 3939 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Jokie
« on: August 22, 2012, 10:42:55 PM »
Bob was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear.

"What's the matter?" Bob asked.

"I've been transferred to Chicago , there are crazy people there. They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate in the nation."

Bob replied, "I've lived in Chicago all my life. It's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, and enroll your kids in a nice private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you. I've been worried to death. But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Jokie
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 11:00:02 PM »
Oh, that's good. :D :D :D

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 11:52:49 PM »
Friggin' SWIPED.  (Reposting that one on FB!)

Lemme see what I got in the 'ol jokes file... (fires up air compressor to remove dust.)

Three bulls are standing around overlooking a field full of cows when they overhear the farmer tell one of the cowhands to get the trailer ready to pick up a new bull.

The old bull snorts and says, "I'm a tellin' ya what, there ain't but fifty cows here that are mine and if'n that new bull thinks he's a gettin' any of my cows, well, he's got another think comin'."

The second bull says, "There ain't but 30 cows here that are mine and that new bull sure ain't get any of my cows."

The young bull says, "There ain't but 10 cows here that even know me, but I sure ain't lettin' that new bull have any of 'em."

A few hours later a tractor trailer arrives and the bulls listen as the air brakes let out a whoosh, then the trailer doors open and and the gate lowers what has to be the biggest, meanest, orneriest looking brahma bull they've ever seen. Great big hump on his back, huge horns, froth dripping from his jowls as he stamps and paws at the ground.

The old bull says, "Ya know, I've been thinkin, it's mighty selfish of me to keep all them cows for myself, I might just part with a few of 'em to be neighborly."

The second bull says, "Ya know, I'm thinkin the same thing, no need for me to keep all thirty of them cows to myself, gets to be a mite tiresome."

The young bull lets out a huge snort and starts stamping and pawin' at the ground, raisin' a huge ruckus.

The old bull says, "Woo boy, what's a matter with you? Don't you know that new bull will kill you?"

The young bull says, "I'm just makin' sure that he knows that I'm a bull..."

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 12:00:17 AM »
Two bulls, standing on a ridge overlooking the cows in the valley.
Young bull says" Let's run down there & service a few of them cows!"
Old bull responds "Let's walk down & service them all."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 02:26:41 AM »
A woman arrived at the Gates of Heaven. While she was waiting for Saint Peter to greet her, she peeked through the gates.  She saw a beautiful banquet table.  Sitting all around were her parents and all the other people she had loved and who had died before her. They saw her and began calling greetings, "Hello - How are you! We've  been waiting for you! Good to see you."

When Saint Peter came by, the woman said to him, "This is such a wonderful place!  How do I get in?"
"You have to spell a word," Saint Peter told her.
"Which word?" the woman asked.
"Love."

The woman correctly spelled 'Love', and Saint Peter welcomed her into Heaven.
About a year later, Saint Peter came to the woman and asked her to watch the Gates of Heaven for him that day.  While the woman was guarding the Gates of Heaven, her husband arrived.

I'm surprised to see you," the woman said. "How have you been?"

"Oh, I've been doing pretty well since you died," her husband told her.  I married the beautiful young nurse who took care of you while you were ill.  And then I won the multi-state lottery.  I sold the little house you and I lived in and bought a huge mansion. And my wife and I traveled all around the world.  We were on vacation in Cancun and I went water skiing today.  I fell and hit my head, and here I am.  What a bummer!  How do I get in?"

"You have to spell a word," the woman told him.
"Which word?" her husband asked.
"Czechoslovakia."
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 06:12:42 AM »
When Joe died he saw that there were couples wandering from cloud to cloud together, often holding hands.  He noticed that the plainest, simplest men were paired up with women who could have been Miss America in life, and the most plain-Jane horse-faced women were accompanied by he-man body builder types.  Joe was curious to see who he would be paired with, and was sure he had, pardon the expression, died and gone to Heaven when an absolutely stunning redhead was brought over and paired up with him for eternity.

Now Joe had not walked the most straight and narrow road while he was alive.  The list of sins he committed probably would have filled a few pages of a spiral notebook (college ruled).  Some of them were pretty serious.  But in spite of that he was being hooked up with someone who made Christina Hendricks look downright frumpy in comparison.

Joe wondered about this, and guessed that there might have been one special thing he had done while he was alive that more than balanced out all his transgressions and allowed him to not only gain entry into Heaven but be paired with such a stunning beauty - but, again pardon the expression, for the life of him he could not think what it might have been.  So he asked.

The angel who was hammering shut the chains binding Joe to this redheaded goddess looked up and said, "What makes you think this is Heaven?  See this woman here - she's being punished for not getting up and bringing her husband a sammich."

*running for the bunker*

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 12:02:13 PM »
It was nice knowing you.....  =D
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 01:06:40 PM »

someone who made Christina Hendricks look downright frumpy in comparison.

*running for the bunker*

REDLEG!!!  REDLEG!!!  FIRE MISSION, OVER !!!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »
 ;/
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 07:30:36 PM »
Skid's gonna make me start throwing shoes again.  :mad:

:laugh:
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 08:59:03 PM »
I'll be standing beside you handing them to you LadySmith.  ;)
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 09:06:50 PM »
Super sexy heels only please.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 09:11:12 PM »
We'll only throw the ugly shoes we don't like. Unless you're buying us new ones. In which case, we'll submit our preferences.

(LS, pardon me for speaking for you. But I presume you aren't opposed to new shoes.)

grampster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »
Several really great rejoinders came to mind to pour a little gasoline on the bonfire formerly called vaskidmark...buuuuuut I'll just keep 'em to myself as I might be standing too close to him.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 07:50:42 PM »
Do ya' think skidmarks burn????

Shall we experiment????

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 09:50:12 PM »
let's see,   =|...nope   [ar15]....nada    :mad:....huh,  which one of these throws shoes?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 10:01:09 PM »
I'll help throwing shoes.

Actually, I prefer boots. More solid, makes a bigger thump when hitting the target.

And i'll throw sexy boots, if your buying.  :-*
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »
Lots of talk, but no action.  And I was really looking forward to financing a few purchases via the reselling of footwear to certain affcianados.

I'm going to be away most of the day tomorrow, but Sunday looks good for y'all to come with your wagonloads of footwear.  Is it OK if I don't get up out of the recliner when you show up?

stay safe.

PS - Guys, the combination to the safe is written on a slip of paper that's on the sunvisor.  Don't let the wimmins know, OK?
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 10:19:03 PM »
Hey, skid. I only live an hour away. If I wasn't busy sunday, I'd be tempted to show up.  :-*
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »
Actually, I prefer boots. More solid, makes a bigger thump when hitting the target.

The only honest beating I've had in my life was by an angry woman with a pair of freshly shined army boots. 

Both in the ROTC, I was finishing shining, she was ironing out the BDUs for a sharp crease.  I chuckled to myself and she demanded to know about what.  'And they say there is no place for women in the military.'

In wisdom of years since I know not to begrudge the shoe polish stained bruises, but rather to be thankful she used my boots rather than her hot iron.   :laugh:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 12:31:53 PM »
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you

:P

How many here are old enough to remember that song?  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 01:12:53 PM »
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you

:P

How many here are old enough to remember that song?  =|

I am, unfortunately.

I think that was the ONLY song Nancy Sinatra released that was any good at all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2012, 02:57:27 PM »
I think that was the ONLY song Nancy Sinatra released that was any good at all.

Define "good". ;)

A Republican, a Libertarian, and a hippie had their boat sink, and have been in their life raft for days when finally a ship approaches. The captain calls out to them. "You can come aboard if you can each answer a question."

"You," the captain says, pointing to the Republican. "What's the best-known shipwreck in history?"

"The Titanic, sir" the Republican says.

"Correct. Come aboard. Now, you", the captain continues, pointing to the Libertarian. "How many were killed on the Titanic?"

Amazingly, the Libertarian knows the answer and shouts it out. "1,517 people, sir."

"Correct. Come aboard." The captain then points to the hippie. "What were their names?"

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 06:14:01 PM »
She's kinda hot in that video. 46 years ago...  :'(
Avoid cliches like the plague!