Author Topic: More sailing pics  (Read 607 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
More sailing pics
« on: July 31, 2016, 05:11:43 PM »
Got out before sun up yesterday

Caught another great sunrise

I was at the far end of the lake when the 50% chance of thunder storms came in. Too far for a run under power to make it back to the marina so I dropped anchor and rode it out.
The marina was 5 miles to the south and I think they got a stronger section of the storm, A friends Hunter 40 took a lightning strike to the mast.

Chart plotter showing my swing on the anchor during the storm. The worst was when the gust front hit laid me over 20 degrees and swung the boat 180 to face into the wind.
The dark area with lots of back and forth was during the height of the storm. The trace being a circle indicates that my anchor did not drag.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: More sailing pics
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 10:40:16 PM »
Almost forgot the little incident on the homeward leg of the trip. Might have to make this my new sailing theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAQUYAVFGWM
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams