Author Topic: Anybody going to see 'Apocalypto'?  (Read 3908 times)

mike

Re: Anybody going to see 'Apocalypto'?
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 05:17:08 AM »
I never have seen Star Wars in the theater. I would like to.

I have seen Ben Hur and 10 Commandments on the big screen - at college. We had a professional grade theater.

But, hopefully by February I'll have my own little home theater up and running, complete with a minimum 48" HDTV for those extra special movies...
A 48" tv is NOT the same as a movie screen that is 40 -60 foor wide!!! rolleyes

zahc

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 07:48:24 AM »
You are right, the 48" has a more comfortable chair, custom food options, absolute silence, probably better sound quality, and a closer bathroom.

Last time I went to the theater I almost got sick because the picture was wobbling back and forth a matter of inches from tape wow.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 09:22:33 AM »
I never have seen Star Wars in the theater. I would like to.

I have seen Ben Hur and 10 Commandments on the big screen - at college. We had a professional grade theater.

But, hopefully by February I'll have my own little home theater up and running, complete with a minimum 48" HDTV for those extra special movies...
A 48" tv is NOT the same as a movie screen that is 40 -60 foor wide!!! rolleyes

IT'S NOT??!!!?? THOSE BASTARDS LIED TO ME!

Thanks, Mike, I don't think I ever would have been able to figure that out on my own...  rolleyes

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Glock Glockler

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 11:46:12 AM »
Excellent Movie!  I was surprised how much I enjoyed it in a crappy theater with morons who kept ruffling their jackets, I was also surprised how much the movie moved me without my being aware of it.  From the very beginning to the end I was completely into it and couldnt let go; many of the scenes are painful to watch and really get your blood boiling.

Great stuff, but not the best for a date movie. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 12:20:11 PM »
"How much the movie moved me... many of the scenes are painful to watch and really get your blood boiling."

Back in the 1980s there was a movie with Robert Deniro, and Jeremy Irons, IIRC, the Mission.

He played a Spanish count 1600s South America. When he kills his brother over a woman, he becomes a Franciscan and goes on a penitence mission into the Amazon dragging his armor and weapons behind him as a trial.

He becomes a great advocate of the natives, and essentially tries to lead the natives on a rebellion when the kings of Spain and Portugal divide the new world, and the Portugese, notorious slavers, get the land that will become Brazil.

Much of it was based on actual events.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.