Author Topic: ECLIPSE: A "MILLION" PINHOLE CAMERAS  (Read 1777 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
ECLIPSE: A "MILLION" PINHOLE CAMERAS
« on: October 15, 2023, 11:33:30 PM »
Son2 took this picture of the recent eclipse pinhole images as they came through the gaps of a tree with a bunch of leaves fallen off.  It was about 80% max here at 40 N and 105W.  Expand the image to appreciate it.

Enjoy.

Terry 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: ECLIPSE: A "MILLION" PINHOLE CAMERAS
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 11:59:11 PM »
That's pretty neat!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 12:09:31 AM »
Neat!

I didn't realize there was an eclipse yesterday, and wandered outside while it was happening.  I asked the family, does it seem oddly dark to you?  Upon which I was judged to be out of touch, and informed of the eclipse.

Wounded but seeking to redeem my cred, I whipped up a quick pinhole setup and wow'ed the family with the ability to see the moon transit the sun without looking directly at it.  Cred restored.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 12:52:49 AM »
My Memory of where, when, who and why escapes me, but I once made a pinhole camera out of the whole living room by closing all the curtains except for about a 2" "pinhole" made with spring clothespins.  Image on the opposite wall was upside down but it was fun watching the traffic outside go by. 

One interesting thing about pinhole images is they have an infinite field of focus.  I remember this from experimenting with pinholes on an actual camera.

Terry, 23oRN
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 01:19:47 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.