Author Topic: How Often Do You Think About the Roman Empire?  (Read 3912 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: How Often Do You Think About the Roman Empire?
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2023, 04:41:53 PM »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2023, 04:45:54 PM »
just look at it ... OK?!
https://youtube.com/shorts/m8l6SzDxkWg?si=HWXSUmZimXvKx5eu

His channel gets a metric crap ton lot of hate from the woke mob for pushing back at their narrative based rewriting of history.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2023, 07:02:22 PM »
I am glad no one asks me stupid questions like this because I wold be compelled to say "More often than I think about your feelings" :)

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2023, 07:28:35 PM »
I am glad no one asks me stupid questions like this because I wold be compelled to say "More often than I think about your feelings" :)

bob

But less often than I think about your boobs, in case it is an attractive woman asking.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2023, 09:45:08 PM »
Funny - on the other side of this, I had the dawg in for his annual shots last week, and there was a fill-in vet at the office. I was wearing a Warrior Poet Society hoodie that I have with really subtle graphics - just the emblem and the "TRN-HRD TRN-SMT" in really small letters.

The first words out of her mouth were "John Lovell! Train hard, train smart!" I think my jaw dropped because most guys don't know that. It turns out she's a retired Army medic who did two tours in Afghanistan. While we were talking, she told me the first question she asked her boyfriend before they started dating was, "Sheep or sheepdog?", and one of those answers would have killed the first date.  :laugh:
Even if the guy didn't know what she was talking about, what guy would answer "sheep"?  Maybe if they thought it was a menu question. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2023, 10:12:53 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2023, 10:40:38 PM »
I see a Rubicon every day.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2023, 08:40:56 AM »
Mike Pence Says He Refuses To Think About Ancient Rome Unless His Wife Is Present
https://babylonbee.com/news/mike-pence-says-he-refuses-to-think-about-ancient-rome-unless-his-wife-is-present
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2023, 08:21:02 AM »
Woman Gently Asks Husband If He's Planning On Taking Off His Roman Soldier Halloween Costume Anytime Soon
https://babylonbee.com/news/woman-gently-asks-husband-if-hes-planning-on-taking-off-his-roman-soldier-halloween-costume-anytime-soon
- Calvin and Hobbes