Author Topic: Mayo Clinic to give priority to private insurance  (Read 964 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Mayo Clinic to give priority to private insurance
« on: March 16, 2017, 08:52:29 AM »
http://www.startribune.com/mayo-to-pick-privately-insured-patients-amid-medicaid-pressures/416185134/

All things being equal, Mayo will give priority to a patient with well-paying private insurance over one with Medicare or Medicaid.

Good for them in admitting the reality what it takes to keep the doors open for a healthcare facility.  No money, no mission.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 10:47:18 AM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Mayo Clinic to give priority to private insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 08:55:58 AM »
http://www.startribune.com/mayo-to-pick-privately-insured-patients-amid-medicaid-pressures/416185134/

All things being equal, Mayo will give priority to a patient with well-paying private insurance over one with Medicare or Medicaid.

Good for them in admitting the reality that it takes to keep the doors open for a healthcare facility.  No money, no mission.

DAMN THAT GREEDY MAYO CLINIC! LET'S GET THE PROTEST BUS READY!!11!!1!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 12:28:16 PM »
HOLD THE MAYO!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 04:44:06 PM »

As the article says. It's not shocking that they do so, it's shocking that they openly admit it. Everyone has been doing that for decades. The only alternatives are Medicaid/Medicare mills that run patients like an assembly line, or fraud.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 05:00:09 PM »
HOLD THE MAYO!

No, the Mayo holds you back.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.