Author Topic: Sean Hannity / Juan Williams Gun Incident  (Read 2511 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Sean Hannity / Juan Williams Gun Incident
« on: March 17, 2017, 10:11:23 AM »
Has anyone heard of this? The story says it happened a year ago. I don't recall anything then. This morning it showed up all over my phone's news feed. I'm curious as to why it's newsworthy now.

If Hannity did what the story says, he's a jackass. I tend to think that didn't happen though, and the "safe"" version is what happened. I'm not a Hannity fanboy, but the story smells.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/16/media/sean-hannity-juan-williams-gun/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Sean Hannity / Juan Williams Gun Incident
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »
"This incident is being sensationalized -- everything was under total control throughout and I never felt like I was put in harm's way," Williams' statement read. "It was clear that Sean put my safety and security above all else and we continue to be great friends."

All I need to see is that the "victim" isn't playing the "victim" card so it isn't a story or issue.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 11:04:21 AM »
The story won't come up for me.  Can someone please post a short note explaining what boneheaded move Hannity pulled? :cool:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 11:08:34 AM »
The story won't come up for me.  Can someone please post a short note explaining what boneheaded move Hannity pulled? :cool:

Quick version of the most sensational retelling: Hannity pointed an (unloaded) gun at Juan Williams and lit him up with the laser sight.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 11:10:17 AM »
Quick version of the most sensational retelling: Hannity pointed an (unloaded) gun at Juan Williams and lit him up with the laser sight.

Dumb-de-dum dumb!   What an asshat thing to do.   I never much respected Juan Williams .....it seems Hannity might be his right-wing alter-ego..... :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 11:25:03 AM »
Has anyone heard of this? The story says it happened a year ago. I don't recall anything then. This morning it showed up all over my phone's news feed. I'm curious as to why it's newsworthy now.

If Hannity did what the story says, he's a jackass. I tend to think that didn't happen though, and the "safe"" version is what happened. I'm not a Hannity fanboy, but the story smells.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/16/media/sean-hannity-juan-williams-gun/

Hadn't heard, barely know who Hannity is.  don't know if I'd trust any MSM description of a gun related interaction.  They just don't know what they're talking about or how to describe things.

And where's he at, that it's Ok to just whip it out like that?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 11:45:11 AM »
Dumb-de-dum dumb!   What an asshat thing to do.   I never much respected Juan Williams .....it seems Hannity might be his right-wing alter-ego..... :mad:
That is the claim by the people trying to attack Hannity.  I didn't hear that from Williams or Hannity so I think it might be overblown.  Given the complete ignorance of guns by some, the idea that someone's imagination got away from them in the retelling is likely. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 11:48:37 AM »
That is the claim by the people trying to attack Hannity.  I didn't hear that from Williams or Hannity so I think it might be overblown.  Given the complete ignorance of guns by some, the idea that someone's imagination got away from them in the retelling is likely.  

After finally being able to access the article,  I think I agree.    It seems Hannity might not have pointed the gun at Williams, just showed it to him .    That would make this story a  "nothingburger" --  or phoney news.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:53:08 AM by TommyGunn »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 01:13:57 PM »
That was not what anyone would consider an objective account of the matter. If Williams isn't complaining, how can we take this seriously?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 01:26:08 PM »
When Juan Williams is willing to go on record saying it was nothing, I think I would believe him instead of those ever popular unnamed sources that say otherwise.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 04:52:11 PM »
CNN.  All you need to know.  CNN.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 05:19:35 PM »
CNN.  All you need to know.  CNN.

I'll wait to see what Media Matters has to say about this. They're always right down the middle.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 05:41:34 PM »
I was really most interested in why this is now making the news and is being picked up by like a dozen "news" outlets. Seems weird to do it out of the blue a year later unless there is some new anti-Hannity or anti-gun thing out right now that needs a boost.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 06:26:03 PM »
I was really most interested in why this is now making the news and is being picked up by like a dozen "news" outlets. Seems weird to do it out of the blue a year later unless there is some new anti-Hannity or anti-gun thing out right now that needs a boost.

A slight niggle; I believe it was said to have happened last October, which would make it roughly five months ago.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 06:41:54 PM »
Dylan Byers is a jackass.

The whole "article" was a puffed-up hit piece, to my mind.

I've shown how my laser-sighted carry piece works to people who had an interest, in a perfectly safe manner.  (Usually with the revolver, which is easier to render safe than the auto.)

No big effing deal.

And I did not merely "whip it out," as one of our posters herein characterised Hannity's actions.   :'( :'( :'(

Dylan Byers (or the editor who commissioned the piece) is a jackass.

Probably both.

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.