Author Topic: Globular Warming?  (Read 1101 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Globular Warming?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »
NIPCC? Reminded me immediately of Nipsey. Nipsey Russell, that is.

Here's a tangentially pertinent quote: "The opposite of pro is con; That fact is clearly seen; If progress means move forward, Then what does Congress mean?"
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 05:42:28 PM »
Scientists need to quit being advocates and just report their findings.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 05:46:27 PM »
Scientists need to quit being advocates and just report stop fudging their findings.

Fixed it.
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »
Scientists need to quit being advocates and just report their findings.

This. In spades and spades and spades and spades.

Then they can concentrate on defending methodology instead of spending time defending their philosophy, like that jackass Michael Mann does (hey, maybe he has a webcrawler and will stop by to sue me like he's suing everyone else).

Science is just as happy to be "wrong" as to be "right", since there is no "wrong" or "right" in science. Simply "is" or "is not". Gravity is not "right". Gravity "is". Doing something that doesn't pan out using sound scientific method means that you've likely eliminated that possibility and saved someone else some work. Many modern scientists, especially on the global warming front, have forgotten about the null hypothesis.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 11:27:15 AM »
NIPCC? Reminded me immediately of Nipsey. Nipsey Russell, that is.

Here's a tangentially pertinent quote: "The opposite of pro is con; That fact is clearly seen; If progress means move forward, Then what does Congress mean?"

Is prostitution the opposite of constitution ?   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin