Author Topic: 2 million bikers  (Read 1410 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
2 million bikers
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/million.muslim.march.2013.2.million.bikers.heading.washington.d.c.rally.anniversary.september.11.attacks.video/33938.htm

Motorcycles are not allowed in Washington D.C., but they plan to ride through the city anyway. The demonstration, which is scheduled for after 11 a.m., is set to be peaceful. About 3,000 bikers are estimated to attend.

Whatwhat?

As in, not legal to ride on federal roads, paid for by federal tax dollars?

I didn't visit Mordor when I was on the east coast on my bike, but I've never heard of anywhere that an otherwise street legal and licensed motorcycle is illegal to operate.

Isn't vehicle registration and suitability for operation, along with drivers licenses themselves, part of that "full faith and credit" stuff?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: 2 million bikers
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 12:00:03 PM »
A quick google search doesn't seem to support that quote.    They had requested a no-stop permit, allowing the ride/parade to proceed through without stopping at red lights/stop signs.   The city refused to grant said permit, and so instead of a 1-2 hour event, they've estimated that the ride will now take *several* hours. 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 12:08:46 PM »
Yeah, the DC DMV website lists motorcycle endorsements and registration amongst its services, so I think whoever wrote that article is misinformed.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 12:17:08 PM »
A quick google search doesn't seem to support that quote.    They had requested a no-stop permit, allowing the ride/parade to proceed through without stopping at red lights/stop signs.   The city refused to grant said permit, and so instead of a 1-2 hour event, they've estimated that the ride will now take *several* hours. 

What he said.

There are all kinds of viral attention-whorish posts about "ZOMG DC IS NOT LETTING THEM IN! BUT THOSE BRAVE SOULS ARE GOING ANYWAY"

bunch of *expletive deleted*ing aholes, IMO
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:11 AM »
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 11:45:06 AM »
Why, dear Lord...

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/cbBw7?psid=eda7be9fc3d046acab2b92227f0e519d

Concealed means concealed. 

You want to be the solo biker, the first biker, to be protesting in a place like that... you're GONNA get frisked. 

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!