Author Topic: Today's Election in Georgia  (Read 3144 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Today's Election in Georgia
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 02:34:02 PM »
I just heard a snippet of the Republican's answers to media questions. She said she spent $76000 on her campaign, and $10,000,000 went into the Democrat's campaign. Things should be interesting in June.

Where did all the money go?  They didn't actually spend $10MM did they?
"It's good, though..."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 03:05:05 PM »
Where did all the money go?  They didn't actually spend $10MM did they?

From my understanding, yes, they did. All on advertising. Samuel L. Jackson did a commercial, I believe.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 03:23:20 PM »
Enough is enough!  I've had it with these mother*expletive deleted*ing actors in these mother*expletive deleted*ing elections!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 04:15:30 PM »
From my understanding, yes, they did. All on advertising. Samuel L. Jackson did a commercial, I believe.
I am sure Jackson did not do that for free either. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 04:20:06 PM »
IMO there is no excuse for the Reps running so many candidates. I was told by someone in the know that there is no mechanism (State level??) for winnowing out candidates. If the Reps had a single qualified candidate with a focused message, I don't think this would even be in the news.

I bet the official Republican party only had one or two candidates they sponsored, but I bet they have no way to actually prevent any of the others from running if they get the signatures to do so.  It appears to be an at-large type election so I guess there is nothing preventing multiple candidates from each party.  

If The Republican Party was so organized as to prevent various candidates from running for office, Trump would not have been in the race and Jeb would have lost.  I would rather have a mad scramble than that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »
I bet the official Republican party only had one or two candidates they sponsored, but I bet they have no way to actually prevent any of the others from running if they get the signatures to do so.  . . .  
Wonder if Soros or DNC money helped collect signatures for some of the additional "Republican" candidates . . .  [tinfoil]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

agricola

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 07:08:40 PM »
Enough is enough!  I've had it with these mother*expletive deleted*ing actors in these mother*expletive deleted*ing elections!

actors are the new lawyers - you still get paid for telling fibs, but there is better training and a better union
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »
If The Republican Party was so organized as to prevent various candidates from running for office, Trump would not have been in the race and Jeb would have lost.  I would rather have a mad scramble than that. 

So there's still a silver lining in there.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 10:25:13 PM »
I just saw that apparently all the celebrities are now migrating to Montana to push for some nobody running for Zinke's seat.

I've heard that Montanan's love having actors from California telling them what to do.

One problem Ben, I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in Montana and she said the state is very liberal.  In fact she was very surprised that it went R in the 2016 election.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 10:34:15 PM »
One problem Ben, I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in Montana and she said the state is very liberal.  In fact she was very surprised that it went R in the 2016 election.

Geez, I guess the liberals pulled off a New Hampshire in Montana before the libertarians were able to do it in New Hampshire.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 10:35:55 PM »
Wonder if Soros or DNC money helped collect signatures for some of the additional "Republican" candidates . . .  [tinfoil]
Considering all the other dirty tricks that go on, that would be easy to do.  The nice way to say it is to find "moderate" Republicans who could be talked into running.