Author Topic: Madeline Albright R.I.P.  (Read 1186 times)

HankB

• friend
Madeline Albright R.I.P.
« on: March 23, 2022, 03:35:47 PM »
News just came across the TV that Madeline Albright has passed. She was Clinton's secretary of state.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Madeline Albright R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 03:45:09 PM »
R.I.P. 

That is all I will say.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 04:23:35 PM »
I was running a service call at Pizzeria Uno in downtown Chicago and noticed she was at table having lunch. The staff said she always stopped in for lunch when she was in town.

That's all I've got.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 06:07:08 PM »
Should I hate her?  I can't remember anything about her. 

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 06:43:12 PM »
Damn, we were needing an expert on starting Eastern European wars.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 06:59:32 PM »
Should I hate her?  I can't remember anything about her.
I remember very little about her.  I just didn't care much for the Clinton administration all together. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 09:07:37 PM »
Did she get us involved in the war in Yugoslavia?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 09:56:41 PM »
Did she get us involved in the war in Yugoslavia?

Albright, who served as secretary of state from 1997 to 2001 under President Bill Clinton, pushed for NATO expansion eastward into the former Soviet bloc and helped lead the NATO bombing campaign in 1999 to halt ethnic cleansing in Kosovo. She previously served as Clinton's U.S. ambassador to the United Nations from 1993 to 1997.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2022, 11:01:28 PM »
Expanded Nato east.  Well, that worked out great.   ;/

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2022, 11:45:10 PM »
Yeah, she was a total leftist swamp creature. 

My condolences to her family.

I will say nothing more.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2022, 06:39:34 PM »
Maybe APS shouldn't have any more obituary threads for Democrats, Leftists, or other people we generally despise.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2022, 07:10:05 PM »
Maybe APS shouldn't have any more obituary threads for Democrats, Leftists, or other people we generally despise.
Probably a good idea. 

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2022, 12:27:45 AM »
 >:D *the sounds of chirping crickets*  Need I say more?  >:D  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2022, 12:41:46 AM »

I wouldn’t mind these threads if the left wasn’t so ghoulish every time a conservative got sick or died. 

I’m serious when I offer condolences to her family.  It’s terrible losing someone you loved.  But I’m not about to celebrate the life of someone who has spent her professional life working to undermine freedom and laying the groundwork for the current war in Ukraine.  Nor will I personally mourn her loss.  Even while I recognize the pain her family is experiencing.  I won’t tap dance on her grave either.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2022, 10:06:53 AM »
I saw some flags lowered to half staff - a little research showed in was done in the late Maddy's honor.

It's one thing to lower flags when (for example) a former POTUS dies, or if there's a national tragedy (e.g, 9/11).

But it rubs me the wrong way when it's a political appointee or bureaucrat being so honored. (And my sentiments would be exactly the same if it was the secretary of state of a GOP POTUS who'd expired.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2022, 11:32:11 AM »
The whole lowering the flag to half staff for every Tom,Dick and whoever has eroded the significance of the whole act IMO.

https://www.gettysburgflag.com/fly-flag-half-mast

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2022, 01:13:12 PM »
The whole lowering the flag to half staff for every Tom,Dick and whoever has eroded the significance of the whole act IMO.

https://www.gettysburgflag.com/fly-flag-half-mast

bob

Without commenting on the deceased, I 100% agree with this. Every time I look around, flags are at half mast. Similar to everyone being recognized as a "hero" for every damn thing. Completely takes away the meaning.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2022, 02:11:41 PM »
Without commenting on the deceased, I 100% agree with this. Every time I look around, flags are at half mast. Similar to everyone being recognized as a "hero" for every damn thing. Completely takes away the meaning.

"Who's dead now?"  "I dunno."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2022, 08:33:36 PM »

Turned it into a participation trophy, probably as intended; diminishing the symbols of America.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2022, 01:04:35 PM »
I hate it when they lower flags at half mast to give attention to some sick murderer who shoots random people.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2022, 02:17:12 PM »
Saw some bit of news somewhere, to the effect that the Ukraine situation was on her mind in her final days.  One of those "dreading death and judgment" things, I wonder.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2022, 10:36:03 PM »
 I had no idea she died, I do recall her praising North Korea's policies 20 plus yrs ago - but it is not now very high on my list of things to ponder.
   I used to have a lot of respect for a Bernie Bro I know, I could not believe how exuberant he was when Scalia died.
 I try not to emulate such behavior nowadays, it is one of the many things I have learned from APS - all of you are better men than I am.

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."