Author Topic: Pentagon possibly cutting counter terrorism support for CIA  (Read 707 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Pentagon possibly cutting counter terrorism support for CIA
« on: December 10, 2020, 10:46:21 PM »
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pentagon-plans-cut-support-cias-counterterrorism-missions/story?id=74641591

In a surprising move, the Pentagon has told the Central Intelligence Agency that it is weighing an end to the majority of the military support it provides to the agency's counterterrorism missions, according to a former senior administration intelligence official.

Who knows if this means anything.

Doesn't seem insignificant if true.

???

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
Re: Pentagon possibly cutting counter terrorism support for CIA
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 10:47:49 AM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/11/white-house-trump-changes-pentagon-biden-reverse-444494

“I expect that this issue will be addressed by the incoming administration and reversed,” Mulroy said. “If not, the CIA will have to be increased in size and budget to be able to continue their critical mission.”

Trump Officials Reviewing DOD Support To CIA
Some officials familiar with the review see it as an effort to cut vital DOD support to the agency.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2020/12/trump-officials-reviewing-dod-support-cia/170651/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 12:16:40 PM »
The question is what is the CIA doing on a day to day basis that needs a lot of military support?  I am sure it is all classified and I am not allowed to know.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 12:49:07 PM »
^^^I have read a lot on recent CIA CT efforts.  The CIA has really beefed up their own internal paramilitary resources, but they rely on the US military a lot for support such as transportation, recon, logistics, communication and the occasional trigger-puller.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 01:21:19 PM »
I have a good friend from my Army days who is still in, and currently serving at the five-sided building near D.C.  He stopped by recently while TDY near here, and over drinks said that this is a passing match between the CIA and the Joint Chiefs over who commands the assets, and who pays for it.  CIA wants DOD to foot the bill while they call the shots.   DOD is saying if you want to be in charge, pay for it.  In short, nothing unusual, except it's getting a lit of press, because it's all Trump's fault.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 01:27:58 PM »
CIA wants DOD to foot the bill while they call the shots.

The DOD better be careful, I hear if you take on the CIA they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you  ;)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 03:15:32 PM »
The DOD better be careful, I hear if you take on the CIA they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you  ;)

Like feed the media a report the DOD has info that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 03:35:26 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes