Author Topic: Florida bill would require anger management courses for bullet buyers  (Read 1770 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/06/florida-lawmaker-wants-anger-management-courses-for-ammunition-buyers/

The gun control people will try everything.   Florida senator wants a 3 day waiting period to buy guns and/or ammo, if you haven't completed an anger management class.  You would be required to take an anger management class every 10 years. 
She's concerned with citizens stockpiling ammunition, potentially creating dangerous situations should those individuals ever come in contact with law enforcement agencies or criminals

The snark in the comments is pretty good:  Should read: Florida bill would require anger management course before reading any more Florida bills
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Florida bill would require anger management courses for bullet buyers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:56:45 PM »
If they have reached adulthood without committing felonies, they likely have minimal control of their anger already. 

Of course, idiot politicians can raise anyone's blood.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:42:26 PM »
I order violent criminals to anger management classes...
I hope crap like this gets flushed...
Don't want to spend my evenings with people I sent to jail just so I can go shooting...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:47:55 PM »
Dammit, this just pisses me off!  :mad:  It just makes me wanna go.... buy ammo and shoot something.  [ar15]  Yeah, that's it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:24:23 PM »
Not good to make some people angry.........
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Regolith

• friend
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 06:06:18 AM »
Shoot, and this nonsense is not required for driving during rush hour?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 08:38:30 AM »
I got to take a anger management class when I was in the Navy. It pissed me off.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 09:20:05 AM »
I think people who want to run for office should take an intelligence test.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 09:23:08 AM »
I think people who want to run for office should take an intelligence test.

Add some sort of common sense test to that....
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 08:01:40 PM »
add a puzzle test, film all three. the show the vids*, and run through the results the week before election day. >:D

*on every local channel, and uploaded them 30 days before. [popcorn]