Author Topic: Screw You: I've Got Mine, Canadian Edition.  (Read 1510 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Screw You: I've Got Mine, Canadian Edition.
« on: April 09, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »
http://outdoorcanada.ca/15740/blogs/field-findings/now-that-the-long-gun-registry-is-doomed-is-it-time-to-take-aim-at-gun-licences

It seems almost a rule that if someone starts his opinion on firearms with a reference to his experience as a hunter, a terrible FAIL is about to emerge.

Not intended as an insult for anybody here who hunts - and indeed actual hunting has nothing to do with it. It's believing the main purpose of gun rights is hunting and "sports" is the source of this moral failure, and indeed a lack of either moral fiber or long-term strategic vision.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

brimic

• friends
Re: Screw You: I've Got Mine, Canadian Edition.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 08:34:34 AM »
Strict? Viewed through the lens of the American firearms experience, no doubt. But for me, to be able to continue to freely tote my shotgun afield, it’s a relatively small—and easy—price to pay. Besides, would you like to share the forest with someone who’s never been properly trained in the safe use of a firearm? I know I wouldn’t

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 12:16:18 PM »
There are some you see governmental licensing as an approval of what they are doing and as as such it is part of their person.  It is a European attitude (the Europeans believe that everything is illegal, unless the government says it is legal, i.e. the default setting is illegal).

I remember taking LFI-I and we had some British gun owners visiting here in Indiana and they were extremely proud of their firearms cards, waving them about.  I remember snorting and calling them "yellow stars" and they were visibly upset and then learned why, because the government validates their existence by issuing firearms cards, i.e. they got to possess guns because the government said it was OK. 

Rights do not come from God in Europe, they come from the king who allows you to live.  You see this attitude in Massachusetts, New Jersey, California or Canada.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »

We have plenty of them in the US. Plenty of subgroups would happily throw every other group under the bus to allegedly save their own hobby. It wouldn't. Most said subgroups sorta kinda acknowledge that without financial support and lightning rod coverage by other subgroups, their own hobby would be impacted.

One guy's grandfather commented to me "em black rifles be the death of the second amendment.  HEY, wanna see my armor piercing rounds for my Garand?"

*shrug*

It's part of humanity. "I got mine, so you go to hell."
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 09:14:25 AM »

I remember taking LFI-I and we had some British gun owners visiting here in Indiana and they were extremely proud of their firearms cards, waving them about.  I remember snorting and calling them "yellow stars" and they were visibly upset and then learned why, because the government validates their existence by issuing firearms cards, i.e. they got to possess guns because the government said it was OK.  

Rights do not come from God in Europe, they come from the king who allows you to live.  You see this attitude in Massachusetts, New Jersey, California or Canada.

Same attitude here in Illinois. When folks find out about my interest in shooting they will often lower their voice to tell me with a wink that they have an FOID card also and they support gun rights.

The 15 bucks for the government permission card is cheap. If the price for permission went up there would be an outcry.

No outcry over the loss of freedom though.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.