Author Topic: Gingrich  (Read 1689 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Gingrich
« on: April 13, 2012, 12:57:51 AM »
A really good friend of mine seems to think Gingrich still has a shot at derailing Romney, now that Santorum is out.

Much as I don't like Romney, and in some ways would prefer Gingrich, he's still not that much better (AGW, the couch thing with Pelosi, etc).  Regardless I just don't see how he has any hope of doing anything other than racking up more campaign debt and pissing off ever more people with his arrogant refusal to call it a day.

Thoughts?
Formerly sumpnz

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Gingrich
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 07:31:01 AM »
Your friend is even more delusional than Gingrich.

I suggest he cut back on the hallucinogens.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:09:24 AM »

Rooster summed it up quite nicely. Gingrich just has a shot of up'ing his paycheck as guest commentator, author, etc by doing some attention prostituting. That's about it.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »

"On the moon, man! Bases! Bases on the moon, man!"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »
"To the moon, Alice!"
"It's good, though..."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 10:21:05 PM »
Bases on the moon are frankly the more reasonable thing that Gingrich "Leader of the civilizing forces" espouses.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 08:41:20 AM »
We could've already had bases on the moon - something tangible - if our government didn't back off the space program and divert trillions down the rathole of welfare giveaways.  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain