Author Topic: Simple logic  (Read 2733 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Simple logic
« on: April 17, 2012, 08:33:29 AM »
Liberals claim that requiring voter ID unduly burdens minorities and is an inherent intimidation tactic to keep minorities from voting.

Liberals support the requirement of ID before buying a gun.

Therefore, liberals want gun control because they are afraid of minorities having guns.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Simple logic
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 09:21:16 AM »
Stealing for the bookface
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:27:22 AM »
Liberals claim that requiring voter ID unduly burdens minorities and is an inherent intimidation tactic to keep minorities from voting.

Therefore, liberals want gun control because they are afraid of minorities having guns.

I noticed that flaw a while back.  Of course, they'll point out that a person can kill another with a gun and not with a vote, which brings up so many other logic fails. 

I don't even try anymore.  To that sort of person, a gun is bad. Period.  There's no convincing them otherwise.  I prefer to put my efforts into making sure they can't restrict my rights.  I don't care if they like me, my guns, or my freedom as long as they keep their dirty paws off.

Chris

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 12:39:10 PM »
For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »
For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death.

Half the people in the world are below average intelligence.

And average ain't all that smart  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 12:55:58 PM »
As a general rule; you can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themself into.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 01:03:21 PM »

Well, yeah.

If all those white liberals really loved them some minorities, why do they live in mostly white neighborhoods, extol the virtues of ultra-pasty Portland, Oregon, and swoon over near 100% Aryan Scandinavian countries?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 05:52:41 PM »

stealing this one for the book of face...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 06:28:17 PM »
Well, yeah.

If all those white liberals really loved them some minorities, why do they live in mostly white neighborhoods, extol the virtues of ultra-pasty Portland, Oregon, and swoon over near 100% Aryan Scandinavian countries?

Ahem.  Seattle is almost as pasty as Portland.  And I think we also have more Scandinavians, counting Ballard.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 08:00:06 PM »

Because they're doing it ironically.  That makes it ok.  It's practically performance art.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 08:03:42 PM »
Stolen
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.