Author Topic: Obama open to international arms control treaty  (Read 4917 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Obama open to international arms control treaty
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:21:52 PM »
Just another step towards the UN setting gun laws in America. I can see now that Obama wasn't lying when he said he wouldn't come after our guns. He'll let his terrorist buddies at the UN do it for him.  :mad:

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE59E0Q920091015

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Re: Obama open to international arms control treaty
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 12:24:18 AM »
Oh, my... you mean Obama's administration is opening the doors for the UN to...

Nevermind: I can't pretend to be shocked at this. We all knew SOME attack against guns was coming...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 12:31:42 AM »
Oh, my... you mean Obama's administration is opening the doors for the UN to...

Nevermind: I can't pretend to be shocked at this. We all knew SOME attack against guns was coming...

Not unexpected, that's for sure. Still needs to be shouted from the rooftops for the Fudds.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 12:33:15 AM »
But this is for our safety.  Full-auto Uzis were legalized in 2004, dontcha know. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 01:09:21 AM »
If G.W. and the R's had done half the stuff liberals claim I'd be giving 1/4 of my check to the GOP and trying to get a shrine raised to W.  :laugh:

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 01:17:33 AM »
Just another step towards the UN setting gun laws in America. I can see now that Obama wasn't lying when he said he wouldn't come after our guns. He'll let his terrorist buddies at the UN do it for him.  :mad:

Dude?  Chill.  The UN is not coming for your guns.  Ever.  Even under the most remote circumstances.  I spoke with UN police before.  They'd mutiny if given the orders to take guns from Americans, as they'd see it as a more survivable experience.

The only folks that can take away any of our freedoms and civil liberties are our own elected officials.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 01:20:28 AM »
If that sounded like I was saying the bleu helmets were going to try something, I need to rephrase. I never meant UN forces would try anything. Merely that Obama would sign on to an international disarmament treaty that would run US manufacturers out of business (or hobble the ammo industry etc). Not UN forces, UN treaties. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but international treaties we agree to are just as binding on us as domestic laws, right? So it's a slick way for him to avoid "passing gun control regulations" while still putting those same infringements in place.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 03:56:05 AM »
People who think the UN will never become a supranational government need to wake up. To be sure, it'll take decades and it'll be a gradual process, but a supranational government, working through treaties and regulations, is something that can happen. It had already happened to the Europeans [and the EU ain't done spreading yet!], it's quite likely that we'll see other such groups emerge in the coming years.

Already the various international treaties have created a network of global controls on many things – why do you think many nations destroy surplus ammo rather than resell it? – but none of these things are spectacular and cinematic like the blue helmets marching on your hometown, so people don't worry about them.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 10:00:32 AM »
Not unexpected, that's for sure. Still needs to be shouted from the rooftops for the Fudds.

wolverines!!!!!

there ya go =D [popcorn]

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 05:15:52 PM »
People who think the UN will never become a supranational government need to wake up. To be sure, it'll take decades and it'll be a gradual process, but a supranational government, working through treaties and regulations, is something that can happen. It had already happened to the Europeans [and the EU ain't done spreading yet!], it's quite likely that we'll see other such groups emerge in the coming years.

Already the various international treaties have created a network of global controls on many things – why do you think many nations destroy surplus ammo rather than resell it? – but none of these things are spectacular and cinematic like the blue helmets marching on your hometown, so people don't worry about them.

I can't remember if I ever read SciFi that had the UN as the world govt in the future, but I have come across 2 or 3 of them lately.  The most plausible was exactly that.  It came about through a myriad of treaties and eventually taxes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 05:25:21 PM »
If that sounded like I was saying the bleu helmets were going to try something, I need to rephrase. I never meant UN forces would try anything. Merely that Obama would sign on to an international disarmament treaty that would run US manufacturers out of business (or hobble the ammo industry etc). Not UN forces, UN treaties. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but international treaties we agree to are just as binding on us as domestic laws, right? So it's a slick way for him to avoid "passing gun control regulations" while still putting those same infringements in place.

^^This.

We'll never get to take potshots at Kofi Anan and his buddies while the blue helmets stick out in your deer rifle scope in the Kansas prairie.

They'll just fight the culture war against us, until we have no means to fight it back at them.  They go after ammo.  It means less trigger time for us.  It means less sharing of our sport and philosophies with others.  It means handing off the legacy of the "Gun Culture" to a smaller generation, rather than a larger one.  It's already happened in 1934... then in 1968... then in 1986... then in 1994.  Fortunately, we took a little bit of ground back in 2004 and we're making domestic inroads.  Our Canadian and Brit friends seem to be finally itching for a bit more freedom to pursue our lifestyle and are right now "petitioning" their masters for permission to do so like they once had.

They don't need soldiers, police or bullets.  Just political elites capable of imposing fines and penalties on transportation companies, importers or ammunition manufacturers.  If they can't do it democratically, then they'll do it by "treaty."
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 05:41:34 PM »
Do we really think that 2/3 of the senate will ratify any arms treaty?
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 05:49:53 PM »

This Senate? If Obama threatens to take their fed. funding?

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 06:09:04 PM »
This Senate? If Obama threatens to take their fed. funding?

The executive branch controls budgets now? 
Even if he wanted to veto any congressional spending bill until they ratify it'd be suicide for him to push that hard, and he knows it.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 06:49:30 PM »
The executive branch controls budgets now? 
Even if he wanted to veto any congressional spending bill until they ratify it'd be suicide for him to push that hard, and he knows it.

He's got 3 years left.  Less if the election doesn't go his way.  He wants to transform America so badly he can taste it, and its right there just out of reach....
Health care was just the first, big chunk.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 08:32:48 PM »
When I see all the blue dogs revving up the kamikaze of health care legislation I start to be way more open to the idea they'll do something stupid. And El Presidente can do pretty much whatever he wants between Executive Orders and pressuring the various appointed heads of alphabet soup agencies.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 01:41:51 AM »
One thing we can be sure of: the future will not be what we expect.  One rogue Trident submarine could easily change the course of history.  That so many of us expect the crushing boot of global techno-fascism, under the aegis of a one-world state, probably suggests that anarchy and tribalism are the more plausible scenario.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 05:03:15 AM »
One thing we can be sure of: the future will not be what we expect.  One rogue Trident submarine could easily change the course of history.  That so many of us expect the crushing boot of global techno-fascism, under the aegis of a one-world state, probably suggests that anarchy and tribalism are the more plausible scenario.

Reading too much Hobbes late at night, are we? :lol:
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 11:01:11 AM »

Reading too much Hobbes late at night, are we? :lol:

Your comment is too brutish and short to justify a rebuttal.  :P  :laugh:

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 11:04:33 AM »
Your comment is too brutish and short to justify a rebuttal.  :P  :laugh:

That's just being nasty.   :P
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 11:29:03 AM »
It'll happen while we're distracted by a Levi-athon.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 02:56:32 PM »
He's got 3 years left.  Less if the election doesn't go his way.  He wants to transform America so badly he can taste it, and its right there just out of reach....
Health care was just the first, big chunk.
Well, the health care mess isn't over yet.  We'll see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 03:04:48 PM »
Micro, I thought you liked anarchy...  =D
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 08:55:05 PM »
Assuming the senate is presented with a treaty.  NAFTA was an "agreement" requiring a simple majority in both houses.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 09:38:15 PM »
They told us "history" ended when The Wall fell 20 years ago.  Now it appears "politics" ended in 2008 with the election of Obama.  Naw.  We are playing for the highest stakes here.  This isn't just going to be a case study for a polisci course in 2029.  And I really don't believe that the good people of America are going to sit by and become serfs.  There are a lot of yellowbrick roads in front of us.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.