Author Topic: Favorite TV show episodes  (Read 8925 times)

taurusowner

Re: Favorite TV show episodes
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 01:23:42 AM »
Could you also do without all the gratuitous violence of the SG* series?

I couldn't.  Shooting P90s is what SG is all about =)

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 01:27:25 AM »
Firefly: Out of Gas and Objects in Space
Dr. Who: Blink

And way too many episodes of the West Wing. 

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2010, 04:24:30 AM »
I couldn't.  Shooting P90s is what SG is all about =)

...and don't forget that showdown scene b/t Sheppard and Robert Davi's character in SGA....pure fun...  =D

...though, if I were going to alien worlds on a regular basis, I wouldn't be packing anything less than a FAL or SOCOM-16.....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
SGU isn't my favorite of the SG series - some of the characters are beginning to annoy me. And lest we forget . . . they didn't bring along anything they couldn't carry. It's the second season now, they seem to have plenty of ammo left, the women haven't run out of makeup, and everyone's clothes are still fresh.

Well, if I'm going to suspend my disbelief and watch a show about intergalactic travel, I guess these are minor issues.

NEW SHOW TOPIC:

Favorite episode of Hill Street Blues. Detective Buntz (Dennis Franz) had gotten clobbered by a bad guy, and Capt Furillo laid down the law - no retaliation.

Well, one day Buntz sees the bad guy looking suspicious - and discretely tails him. Turns out the BG went into a small store to commit an armed robbery. Det. Buntz enters, announces himself, and tells the BG (who's holding a gun on a store clerk) to drop it. BG doesn't. and instead takes a shot at Buntz - missing him.  Buntz shoots back . . . and doesn't miss. BG is DRT.   :police:

During the investigation, Buntz gives his statement, while the Clerk is gushing to investigators how Buntz saved his life. Capt Furillo arrives on scene, and tells Buntz that he'd been warned against any retaliation. Buntz tells Furillo, "Captain, I followed procedure, there's a witness, it'll go down as a good shoot."

Furious Furillo says "You may be OK with the shooting review board, but you're NOT OK with me!"

Buntz replies, in a very offhand manner,  "I can live with that" and walks away from a seething Furillo.  =D

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

taurusowner

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »
SGU isn't my favorite of the SG series - some of the characters are beginning to annoy me. And lest we forget . . . they didn't bring along anything they couldn't carry. It's the second season now, they seem to have plenty of ammo left, the women haven't run out of makeup, and everyone's clothes are still fresh.

Well, if I'm going to suspend my disbelief and watch a show about intergalactic travel, I guess these are minor issues.

The clothes thing may be right, but as for ammo, keep in mind in the first episode they were throwing A LOT of crates and other gear through the gate before it closed.  Who knows what was in all those boxes.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2010, 12:50:52 PM »
A few more (thanks to episode lists on Wikipedia):

Star Trek OS: The City on the Edge of Forever
Star Trek, TNG: Genesis, Where No One Has Gone Before, Parallels, Frame of Mind, Tapestry, Ship in a Bottle, Schisms, Relics, Time's Arrow I and II, and so many others
Venture Bros.: 90% of the entire series
M*A*S*H: 99% of the entire series
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams