Author Topic: Clickspring finished his clock.  (Read 636 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Clickspring finished his clock.
« on: December 05, 2016, 07:24:50 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Y146v8HxE&list=PLZioPDnFPNsETq9h35dgQq80Ryx-beOli

Well, he finished it. It has been a truly amazing set of videos. In case you are not familiar, in this youtube channel he has been machining a custom clock. He has some other videos of him making some of his tools he used to create it, plus some other one off project videos. Can't wait to see what he has plans for next. His videos have created a deep burning desire to buy my own tools to learn on and create my own projects.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Clickspring finished his clock.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 07:27:16 AM »
His videos have created a deep burning desire...

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 03:23:23 AM »
His videos have created a deep burning desire to buy my own tools to learn on and create my own projects.

A noble goal and worthy aspiration.

Clocks are fun.  My son has a "sawblade clock" where the clock itself falls slowly down a sawtooth blade to power the mechanism.

There are two kinds, one where the clock rides down the sawblade, the other where the weighted sawblade slides down through the clock.

Then there are circular sawblade clocks where the blade is just a decoration.  Not much to them, although they're fairly popular DIY projects.  You just buy a movement or take it out of another clock and mount it on the circular saw blade.

Me, I want a barber shop clock, where the numbers and movement are backwards so you can read it in the mirror.

Here's a fun one:

There are a couple of those I don't "get," so don't ask me.  

And speaking of saws, there's the old saw: "Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once."

I'm not signing this one so nobody will know who posted it.

(Pic credits in properties.)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 04:37:01 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 08:48:34 AM »
And speaking of saws, there's the old saw: "Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once."

interesting observation
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.