Author Topic: Car Battery  (Read 7068 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: Car Battery
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »
They have another site I just found that looks more legitimate:

http://www.1st-wholesale-batteries.com/

Note all the same contact info, I think this is where he actually bought it though the receipt says 1st web sales.  It is the same group of folks.  The phone number listed on the receipt is the toll free # on this second site.

The battery cost was $160 shipped

Oh, I misspoke  the part # was SC35A not just 35A.  I was going off of memory and just looked at the receipt again.

I really doubt it is a forgery, I got to compare it side by side with a new identical battery at NAPA and if it is faked they did a hell of a good job on it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:16:02 AM by 41magsnub »

zahc

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 11:05:09 AM »
Since I have always bought batteries when I happened to need them very badly, I have always bought whatever they have at AutoZone or Walmart. They have been fine. My old neighbors did the maintenance contract for a local school district's school buses, and for what it's worth, they refused to use Interstate batteries, claiming they were junk. I agree with the following, though:
Batteries are a commodity.  Brand is not necessarily an indicator of quality, durability, or reliability.

...at least until you get to something fancy like Optimas.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 11:15:42 AM »
Get your "core refund" or whatever they call it from the parts store for the old battery and move on.

;)

(and buy all your parts from a local store that's been in business a while next time)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 11:18:32 AM »
The phone number area code and prefix are the same as 1st Web, as is the mailing address.  It's the same company.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »
Get your "core refund" or whatever they call it from the parts store for the old battery and move on.

;)

(and buy all your parts from a local store that's been in business a while next time)

Bah..  now I'm ticked and WILL get a replacement battery..  probably...  I hope.  Between my Mom and I we have 3 cars that use group 35 sized batteries.  One of them will probably need a new battery at some point in the next year or so.

As to the shop local deal, it would never have occurred to me to get a car battery online for the reasons this thread is illustrating!

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 12:07:42 PM »
I have been using the Everstart batteries from Walmart for many years.  I used to use Dihard batteries but since I moved to Texas, they have a high failure rate.  There are Walmarts everywhere if you need warranty work.  The one in my motorcycle is 5 years old.  That is unheard of with a motorcycle battery.  chris3

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 11:12:31 PM »
Oh, I misspoke  the part # was SC35A not just 35A.  I was going off of memory and just looked at the receipt again.

If it's not too late, go to an Interstate dealer and they WILL warranty the Optima without hassle, so long as it's within warranty range(K8 or newer on the lid, or 11/08 or more recent on the receipt).  Any Optima whose part number begins with SC was distributed by Interstate, and can be warrantied at any Interstate dealer, with or without receipt.  That's part of how we can say we have a nationwide warranty.

You can call 1-800-CRANK-IT to find a nearby dealer or distributor, if you don't know of one nearby.  If the dealer doesn't have an SC35A in stock(which will probably be the case), a truck like mine :) will bring it:

Hope I got you in time.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 11:37:16 PM »
I usually use the Autozone or Advance Auto house brand...Walmart works, too.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »
The original company honored the warranty, finally, the new battery shipped today.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 04:07:01 PM »
That's good.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

zahc

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 06:09:39 PM »
Does anyone else believe the wive's tale about not storing batteries on a concrete floor (it will supposedly make them drain). It seems like every mechanic I ever talked too believed that like it was the most obvious thing, but I never heard any reason or data to back it up.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 06:17:26 PM »
The original company honored the warranty, finally, the new battery shipped today.

How much did they charge  ???

=)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 06:26:57 PM »
How much did they charge  ???

=)

nuthin!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 06:28:41 PM »
nuthin!

So they shipped you a dead battery?   =D

("no charge")

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 06:31:37 PM »
So they shipped you a dead battery?   =D

("no charge")

;/

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 02:30:18 AM »
Does anyone else believe the wive's tale about not storing batteries on a concrete floor (it will supposedly make them drain). It seems like every mechanic I ever talked too believed that like it was the most obvious thing, but I never heard any reason or data to back it up.

Urban legend.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB